Nexus 7 on 4.2: N Available Lock Screen Widgets (or list not displayed?)

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
If I press the "+" (plus) on the lockscreen it simply highlights the pattern unlock part of the screen. If I enter a pattern it unlocks...

Looks like not just any widget will do do but I should have a gmail or calendar widget to add...

How do I add a widget? Not as simple as the articles I've seen suggest or they are way incomplete :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have pattern unlock set, then the device will prompt you to enter the pattern before selecting a lock screen widget to add. This is a security feature, so that not just any schmo can pick up your tablet and access your email by adding the widget.

So what you do is

1. Hit the [+] on the lockscreen.

2. Enter your security pattern.

3. Select the lockscreen widget you'd like to add. The stock widgets are Gmail, Calendar, Sound Search, and Clock.

4. That widget will now be available on your lock screen. You need to swipe left or right to see it. Keep in mind the security risk of having your Gmail or Calendar available on the lock screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, it did eventually work, think Aldiko Sync might be interfering as it was what was popping up after the unlock. I've given the developer a heads up on this.

Last edited:

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Not entirely hijacking, but anyone else have a pin on their Nexus 7? (have my work account synced, it's forced from their side)

I don't get the option to add lock screen widgets at all (but I can on a user profile with no security). Anyone know a work around that doesn't include removing my corporate account?

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I've worked it out this is a Android 4.2 bug, whatever app (if not homescreen) was open when phone locked will be restored on TOP of the widget choice page.

ac75

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Not entirely hijacking, but anyone else have a pin on their Nexus 7? (have my work account synced, it's forced from their side)

I don't get the option to add lock screen widgets at all (but I can on a user profile with no security). Anyone know a work around that doesn't include removing my corporate account?

Yeah, I get the same. Not so fussed about it on the Nexus 7, or for any widget in particular, but if it means I won't get the quick access camera when my Galaxy Nexus updates to 4.2 it'll be a shame.

run1fast

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me too. When I upgraded my nexus to 4.2, I had the new lock screen widgets and camera. But then I had to accept new security terms with my corporate account. And they disappeared. Now the lockscreen is normal with NO option for widgets or camera.
Help?

jeffshepard

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Try the app, Divide. My company wants total control of my devices when I sync to then. Divide managed this somehow and I don't have to surrender my devices, phone or tablet to their control. It separates personal from work profiles.