1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Default Dock?

I brought this up in another thread, but maybe it belongs here, in its own thread.

After getting the 4.2 update I was browsing through the new settings options and took a look at the Daydream features. There, it has some activation options that include: When plugged in, when docked, or when either are true.

Now, as far as I know, there isn't a dock for the Nexus7... And, the last I heard, the idea was scrapped. Has this changed? Could there be a dock in the foreseeable future? Is the dock out there already? Does anyone know?

Default Re: Dock?

Phillips makes a line of speaker docks for android called Fidelio. I bought one of these. It has a speciall designed micro usb hub that will fit pretty much any android device (including the Nexus 7) and uses bluetooth for getting audio from the device to the speakers, which works pretty flawlessly. The sound is pretty damned good for a unit this small too. Absolutely blows away my old iphone Altec speaker dock.

The sad thing is that with Jellybean, Android now supports porting audio directly through the usb port, but because JB is installed on so few devices so far, it will probably be months before we start seeing speaker docks that can take audio directly from the USB, like iphone devices have been able to do for years. The bluetooth is a good solution, much more convenient that having to plug in a speaker jack, but I'm looking forward to Android catching up in this area.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Default Re: Dock?

I meant more along the lines of using the four contact points on the lower left side. I know the Galaxy Nexus has a media dock that utilizes them and puts the phone into a specific state. I'm assuming that this feature applies to this specifically since the charging option would apply to the use of the USB port.

This is just how I visualize a dock instead of a cradle with a USB plug in the bottom...