how do I get n7 to stop bugging me about 4.2 update?

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all...not ready to do the 4.2 update yet but it keeps asking me to. I'm rooted and have titanium backup installed...is there something I can freeze? There's something called google services framework but that sounds like something that should not be frozen? Thanks.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Title says it all...not ready to do the 4.2 update yet but it keeps asking me to. I'm rooted and have titanium backup installed...is there something I can freeze? There's something called google services framework but that sounds like something that should not be frozen? Thanks.

Do you have custom recovery? Cwm, twrp?

Rootbrain

Beryl

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I turned off framework and that seems to have stopped the nagging for now. It can be turned back on by resetting all of the apps in settings. I wish I knew of another way to turn it back on though.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I wish there was a "remind me in 7 days" feature or something, it keeps jumping out at my screen every half hour. I really don't need the features in 4.2, and I need my apps to be functional the way they are. I have some which the developers rarely update lol.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Correction. The nagging continues. Google really wants us to all update, don't they?

You can stop google services framework, but it will just restart as soon as you try to use a google service (gmail, play store, etc.). I guess you could probably freeze it as long as you didn't need to use any google services but that's not very practical...

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I found a reasonable solution to this thanks to a link someone posted in another thread here:

"Or a free alternative...

Autorun manager - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...apps/details?id=com.rs.autorun&token=thhr82we

With the second, you need to select advanced mode, then in settings check 'show system entries' and then find Google services framework, and disable the one with 'system update receiver' in the name
(you may need to refresh the list first) "

Last edited:

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I found a reasonable solution to this thanks to a link someone posted in another thread here . . .

Dang, I either have to root my device or live with the incessant pestering. I got frustrated enough to call Google support, and they pretty much said I was sh*t outta luck because everyone is supposed to upgrade :p. It interrupts what I'm doing literally every half hour, often times causing the app I'm running to crash. and it's messed with my alarm clocks :/. I might just root my device over this lol.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Those instructions all refer to the autorun manager app...it has an advanced mode you need to go into. Of course, you need to be rooted also...

[edit]: Just realized my link up above was munged, fixed now...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs