1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update meltdown - please help

I received an OTG cable today and was playing with videos, Mp3s and photos on a thumb drive. I downloaded "Nexus Media Importer" from Google Play, but the videos would not play without an FLV player, so I downloaded one of them, too. That required an Adobe download which I also did. As I played, the Google Update notice flashed on the screen and I told it to update Now. I watched as the programs closed and the Android icon appeared on the screen. I left the room and returned five minutes later, finding the screen black, as if turned off.

I closed the case to activate the magnet, but the screen didn't change. I pressed and held the On/Off button, but it made no difference. It was then that I saw the OTG cable and thumb drive were still attached. I unplugged and tried everything again, but it acts like it's completely dead. I set it down and tried again 15-minutes later, but it's still dead.

Can anyone give me some good news?

JP

Default Re: Update meltdown - please help

Try holding the power button for a longer time, like 30-40 seconds. It wasn't during the update but my N7 has been hard to turn on before and holding the power button for longer than I usually do got it started back up.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, svimes, that did the trick, and I feel much better. Before the update, it turned on and off easily, but I'll learn to live with the change.

JP

JP,

I'm glad that helped. You may not need to hold the power button down so long every time. Mine had this problem only once a couple of weeks ago. Since then it has been back to normal, only a few seconds needed to turn it on.

There is another thread at this forum talking about this problem:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...n-anymore.html
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks, it was an interesting read about 30-seconds.

JP