Update meltdown - please help

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I received an OTG cable today and was playing with videos, Mp3s and photos on a thumb drive. I downloaded "Nexus Media Importer" from Google Play, but the videos would not play without an FLV player, so I downloaded one of them, too. That required an Adobe download which I also did. As I played, the Google Update notice flashed on the screen and I told it to update Now. I watched as the programs closed and the Android icon appeared on the screen. I left the room and returned five minutes later, finding the screen black, as if turned off.

I closed the case to activate the magnet, but the screen didn't change. I pressed and held the On/Off button, but it made no difference. It was then that I saw the OTG cable and thumb drive were still attached. I unplugged and tried everything again, but it acts like it's completely dead. I set it down and tried again 15-minutes later, but it's still dead.

Can anyone give me some good news?

JP

svimes

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Try holding the power button for a longer time, like 30-40 seconds. It wasn't during the update but my N7 has been hard to turn on before and holding the power button for longer than I usually do got it started back up.

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, svimes, that did the trick, and I feel much better. Before the update, it turned on and off easily, but I'll learn to live with the change.

JP

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams