- 19 Posts
Google Play Store apps update bug after 4.2 upgrade - how to fix?
I'm having the problem which I *know* other users are suffering from since upgrading my Nexus 7 to Android JB 4.2 - apps won't download or update in the Google Play Store. Each time I try to update an app [there are about three waiting now, including Google+], or install a new one, I get an error message citing problems retrieving information from the server [RPC:S-5:AEC-0].
How to fix this? Clearing out the data and cache from Google Play Store doesn't seem to help.
I don't want to hard reset my entire machine or sign it up to a dummy account, as I know some fixes have recommended. But if I do have to put in a new account, what do I have to do and how much information do I risk losing? I'd rather just do this for the Play Store than the whole Nexus, of course. Please can someone advise.
I assume this is a problem at the server end to do with Google's new multiple accounts feature. They really should fix it. It's a ridiculous bug. Who wants to deprive your most enthusiastic users of their Google Play accounts?
- 11-16-2012, 09:35 AM #2
- 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM #3
- 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM #4
- 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM #5
- 12-25-2012, 05:32 PM #6
- 12-29-2012, 08:18 AM #7
Re: Google Play Store apps update bug after 4.2 upgrade - how to fix?
@ J Scot, Brilliant, that fixed my issue when deleting, rebooting and reconnection hadn't
Many thanks and also from my 8 year old
Last edited by Henry Catherwood; 12-29-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: the reply created a general post as opposed to linking to the original post
- By helspawn in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 8Last Post: 01-09-2013, 10:48 PM
- By SammyJB in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-28-2012, 08:27 AM
- By wooziemama in forum Market HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 06-28-2012, 02:06 PM
- By jasonvancouver in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 9Last Post: 05-26-2012, 08:12 PM
- By homamz4 in forum AT&T Nexus SReplies: 0Last Post: 02-10-2012, 05:52 PM