- 22 Posts
Google Play Store apps update bug after 4.2 upgrade - how to fix?
I'm having the problem which I *know* other users are suffering from since upgrading my Nexus 7 to Android JB 4.2 - apps won't download or update in the Google Play Store. Each time I try to update an app [there are about three waiting now, including Google+], or install a new one, I get an error message citing problems retrieving information from the server [RPC:S-5:AEC-0].
How to fix this? Clearing out the data and cache from Google Play Store doesn't seem to help.
I don't want to hard reset my entire machine or sign it up to a dummy account, as I know some fixes have recommended. But if I do have to put in a new account, what do I have to do and how much information do I risk losing? I'd rather just do this for the Play Store than the whole Nexus, of course. Please can someone advise.
I assume this is a problem at the server end to do with Google's new multiple accounts feature. They really should fix it. It's a ridiculous bug. Who wants to deprive your most enthusiastic users of their Google Play accounts?
- 11-16-2012, 08:35 AM #2
- 11-19-2012, 03:32 PM #3
- 11-19-2012, 09:34 PM #4
- 11-29-2012, 09:23 AM #5
- 12-25-2012, 04:32 PM #6
- 12-29-2012, 07:18 AM #7
- By helspawn in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 11Last Post: 11-25-2015, 12:03 PM
- By SammyJB in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-28-2012, 07:27 AM
- By wooziemama in forum Market HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 06-28-2012, 01:06 PM
- By jasonvancouver in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 9Last Post: 05-26-2012, 07:12 PM
- By homamz4 in forum AT&T Nexus SReplies: 0Last Post: 02-10-2012, 04:52 PM