lock screen help

Dave Egan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
are there any widgets, because i have none and i dont have the option to choose any. Are there any apps that i can buy that allow me to change the lock screen?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You should have the 4 stock lock screen widgets. What happens when you swipe your current lock screen to the right? Do you see the [+] symbol? Tap that, and you should see 4 options--Gmail, Calendar, Sound Search, and Clock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
A: we must be married to the same woman and B: any problems with widget locker since upgrading to 4.2

Let me throw this into throw this into this thread since my thread only got one reply

My corporate account requires me to have a Pin or Password. To unlock I have to enter my Pin. I can't figure out how to use the Lock Screen Widgets, the add options don't appear. Is there a way to get around this?

Second question, can other widgets be added to the choices, any that I have loaded from the Play Store? I would like to replace the goofy looking default clock with 3D Weather Clock Widget.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you hit the [+] symbol on the lockscreen FIRST. It will then prompt you to enter your PIN, after which you can select one of the lockscreen widgets to add.

If you unlock with your PIN before hitting the [+], then it'll just go to your home screen.

You'll need to be patient for other devs to make their own lockscreen widgets, but I'm sure they will come. Someone already posted that HD Widgets just came out with one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you hit the [+] symbol on the lockscreen FIRST. It will then prompt you to enter your PIN, after which you can select one of the lockscreen widgets to add.

If you unlock with your PIN before hitting the [+], then it'll just go to your home screen.

You'll need to be patient for other devs to make their own lockscreen widgets, but I'm sure they will come. Someone already posted that HD Widgets just came out with one.

I don't get the + option. I think this security lock with the corporate pin lock must be interfering with this. I might try setting up a separate account for home use and leave my owner account as is. It's not a biggy, just trying to explore the options.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. So on your lockscreen, you can't swipe left to get the [+] symbol?

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. So on your lockscreen, you can't swipe left to get the [+] symbol?

No, it just jiggles, no options. There has to be some kind of lock with the Pin setting that is locking out this option ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you allowed to use pattern unlock instead of PIN? This works for me, but then again, I don't have any corporate account.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you allowed to use pattern unlock instead of PIN? This works for me, but then again, I don't have any corporate account.

No, I don't get that option. I think I'm out of luck on this feature. Thank you for replying, I appreciate the input!

If there is no way to use other downloaded widgets it's not worth pursuing anyway. I wanted to change the clock and don't want my e-mail or calendar open to anyone that might get my tablet.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

More than likely not. A four digit pin is harder to break, mathematically. In reality it might be easier. I cracked my daughters on several occasions...

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, it just jiggles, no options. There has to be some kind of lock with the Pin setting that is locking out this option ;)

My guess is that lock screen widgets are disabled when the Nexus 7 is encrypted. I haven't found anything on the web to confirm this, but since you say that your company gave you yours, and that you can only enter a PIN, it sounds like yours is encrypted.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that lock screen widgets are disabled when the Nexus 7 is encrypted. I haven't found anything on the web to confirm this, but since you say that your company gave you yours, and that you can only enter a PIN, it sounds like yours is encrypted.

Thanks for the input. I think you have solved my question, there isn't a way around this. Oh well, on to the next challenge.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
HD Widgets has been updated to allow its widgets to be added. I have now replaced my clock on my lock screen with another clock and current weather.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12