Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default lock screen help

    are there any widgets, because i have none and i dont have the option to choose any. Are there any apps that i can buy that allow me to change the lock screen?
  2. #2  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Get widget locker. It will allow you to put any widget you want on there to customize the lockscreen
  3. #3  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    You should have the 4 stock lock screen widgets. What happens when you swipe your current lock screen to the right? Do you see the [+] symbol? Tap that, and you should see 4 options--Gmail, Calendar, Sound Search, and Clock.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Get widget locker. It will allow you to put any widget you want on there to customize the lockscreen
    A: we must be married to the same woman and B: any problems with widget locker since upgrading to 4.2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Quote Originally Posted by coach660 View Post
    A: we must be married to the same woman and B: any problems with widget locker since upgrading to 4.2
    Let me throw this into throw this into this thread since my thread only got one reply

    My corporate account requires me to have a Pin or Password. To unlock I have to enter my Pin. I can't figure out how to use the Lock Screen Widgets, the add options don't appear. Is there a way to get around this?

    Second question, can other widgets be added to the choices, any that I have loaded from the Play Store? I would like to replace the goofy looking default clock with 3D Weather Clock Widget.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Make sure you hit the [+] symbol on the lockscreen FIRST. It will then prompt you to enter your PIN, after which you can select one of the lockscreen widgets to add.

    If you unlock with your PIN before hitting the [+], then it'll just go to your home screen.

    You'll need to be patient for other devs to make their own lockscreen widgets, but I'm sure they will come. Someone already posted that HD Widgets just came out with one.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Make sure you hit the [+] symbol on the lockscreen FIRST. It will then prompt you to enter your PIN, after which you can select one of the lockscreen widgets to add.

    If you unlock with your PIN before hitting the [+], then it'll just go to your home screen.

    You'll need to be patient for other devs to make their own lockscreen widgets, but I'm sure they will come. Someone already posted that HD Widgets just came out with one.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    I don't get the + option. I think this security lock with the corporate pin lock must be interfering with this. I might try setting up a separate account for home use and leave my owner account as is. It's not a biggy, just trying to explore the options.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Hmm, interesting. So on your lockscreen, you can't swipe left to get the [+] symbol?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Hmm, interesting. So on your lockscreen, you can't swipe left to get the [+] symbol?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    No, it just jiggles, no options. There has to be some kind of lock with the Pin setting that is locking out this option
  10. #10  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Are you allowed to use pattern unlock instead of PIN? This works for me, but then again, I don't have any corporate account.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you allowed to use pattern unlock instead of PIN? This works for me, but then again, I don't have any corporate account.

    No, I don't get that option. I think I'm out of luck on this feature. Thank you for replying, I appreciate the input!

    If there is no way to use other downloaded widgets it's not worth pursuing anyway. I wanted to change the clock and don't want my e-mail or calendar open to anyone that might get my tablet.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you allowed to use pattern unlock instead of PIN? This works for me, but then again, I don't have any corporate account.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    More than likely not. A four digit pin is harder to break, mathematically. In reality it might be easier. I cracked my daughters on several occasions...

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  13. #13  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckr01 View Post
    No, it just jiggles, no options. There has to be some kind of lock with the Pin setting that is locking out this option
    My guess is that lock screen widgets are disabled when the Nexus 7 is encrypted. I haven't found anything on the web to confirm this, but since you say that your company gave you yours, and that you can only enter a PIN, it sounds like yours is encrypted.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    My guess is that lock screen widgets are disabled when the Nexus 7 is encrypted. I haven't found anything on the web to confirm this, but since you say that your company gave you yours, and that you can only enter a PIN, it sounds like yours is encrypted.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks for the input. I think you have solved my question, there isn't a way around this. Oh well, on to the next challenge.
  15. #15  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: lock screen help

    Quote Originally Posted by coach660 View Post
    A: we must be married to the same woman and B: any problems with widget locker since upgrading to 4.2
    So that is where she goes at night! I don't know I am still on 4.1.1, but if there are, they will get fix ASAP. the guys at WL are on the stick
  16. #16  

    Default Re: lock screen help

    HD Widgets has been updated to allow its widgets to be added. I have now replaced my clock on my lock screen with another clock and current weather.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Lock screen help needed.
    By monkeyluis in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 03:42 PM
  2. Lock screen help
    By JeezyCreezy in forum LG Optimus S
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 05:49 PM
  3. Lock screen help requested...
    By weirdherald in forum Sprint Photon
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 10:15 PM
  4. Alarm on Lock Screen Help
    By pittsm in forum AT&T Captivate
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 08:05 AM
  5. lock screen help
    By syrguy1969 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions