Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Next Issue app crashes after 4.2 update

The Next Issue app crashes when attempting to scroll through an installed magazine's menu's. It worked fine before 4.2.
    Their tech support had me uninstall/reinstall, but no luck there. Anyone use this app successfully with 4.2?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Next Issue app crashes after 4.2 update

I'm having the same problem. Just when NextIssue finally updates their app to work with Jelly Bean, the new Jelly Bean breaks it again....

It doesn't crash on mine, but the only magazine I have is the New Yorker, and there's this support item regarding that:

The New Yorker is currently only published for Android tablets with a screen resolution of 1024x600 pixels (typically a 7 device), and will not show up in the store as an available title for tablets with a resolution of 1280x800 pixels (typically a 10 device, but also some newer 7 devices). We are passing along your feedback to the magazine publisher. Contact Customer Support to be notified when it is available.

Wait a moment! Isn't Next Issue compatible with the current iPad--and doesn't its Retina display have a resolution second only to the Nexus 10? I don't get it. Is this their (Next Issue's) way of being snarky toward Android users?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavdEBSmith View Post
    It doesn't crash on mine, but the only magazine I have is the New Yorker, and there's this support item regarding that:

NextIssue does work for me on 4.2.2, but that's not saying much. It's slow, the touch interface is terrible, and the process of getting magazines added to the library is primitive. Really, I have to go to the NextIssue site on a browser first, rather than do it all in the app?

I'm so glad that Entertainment Weekly is now available on Google Play Magazines. It's the exact same format, but the interface is much much smoother.