Do you use/like the 4.2 stock keyboard???

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I've read a number of forum participants say that they really like the new stock keyboard. For the life of me, I can't understand why. I know others love Swift Key but I'm really not interested in it.

I've tried it so many times and find the stock keyboard with Gesturing enabled extremely difficult to use. I make a lot of typos with it, foreign letters pop-up when I hover over an individual letter, the suggested words have absolutely nothing to do with what I'm writing; gibberish is posted rather than real words.

I read the instructions at a Google site and they don't help me very much. Can others offer some suggestions, or perhaps share a link if there is a video showing how to use the keyboard properly. For now, I've disabled it.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand how hard it may be for you to use. Personally, I loved Swipe. When I first started using it, I was Swiping at about twenty words a minute. Now, my peripheral vision had improved. That means I look at about the middle of the screen, and just start Swiping. It's faster for me, but I make more mistakes than regular typing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It took me a while to get used to Swype and even then I'm finding the stock keyboard a touch harder to master. I can only say that practice makes better (but not perfect). It's still usually faster to go back and correct the occasional badly-detected word than to peck at an onscreen keyboard. Usually.

Still, this post was typed using the stock keyboard and swiping, so it's not all that bad.

Though not checking your sentences might end up with a sentence like this one, which i am sweeping out and intentionally not looking Atty word selections or corrections. <--- not as bad as i feared.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I gave it a try for a couple of days and didn't much like it. I find Swype to be much better.

forestinjersey

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey all the way for me. I can't get on with swype style keyboards and SwiftKey's prediction is superb.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

brnscofrnld

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey pretty much for me. I haven't even thought about trying the new keyboard.

PS... Just switched over and not sure I like it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2