Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Nexus 7 rebooting on it's own since 4.2 update!

I uninstalled HDwidgets a few days ago and mine hasn't rebooted since. I used to have reboots twice a day, sometimes even more.
    If HDwidgets didn't solve your reboot problem, its probably another app you have installed.

Mine reboots every so often, seemingly for no reason other than I'm reading a book on my Google 7.

Quote Originally Posted by iHelpYouShy View Post
    I uninstalled HDwidgets a few days ago and mine hasn't rebooted since. I used to have reboots twice a day, sometimes even more.
    If HDwidgets didn't solve your reboot problem, its probably another app you have installed.
    HD Widgets INSISTS it is not their app causing the reboot problems.
    Luvzmobile

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjhoneck View Post
    HD Widgets INSISTS it is not their app causing the reboot problems.
    Maybe so but if you have to un-install an app to stop a tablet from rebooting then it really doesn't matter who's at fault. I like HD widgets but I won't miss it if it makes my tablet reboot.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy S5
    Sony Smartwatch 2
    Nexus 10

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I can't seem to start up my Nexus 7, at first it rebooted on the load screen after pressing down for 30 seconds and now I can't even get that screen. Any advice. Judging by the amount of issues this tablet has I'm beginning to regret my decision back in August.
    Edit: Got the nexus 7 lighting up, a beep, but then blackscreen

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by luvsmobile View Post
    Maybe so but if you have to un-install an app to stop a tablet from rebooting then it really doesn't matter who's at fault. I like HD widgets but I won't miss it if it makes my tablet reboot.

I uninstalled HD Widgets for a few days and still had reboots. Last time it was while in the play store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mine just rebooted itself while browsing the web first time it's ever done that. Hope if it's an issue they fix it soon.
    Luvzmobile

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

That stinks guys. . Since I removed hd widgets there hasn't been one reboot for me. Maybe there is another app causing this issue. Hopefully the reports keep coming in and we can figure this out.

Galaxy S5
    Sony Smartwatch 2
    Nexus 10

This all sounds similar to my issues.
    Tablet fine until 4.2 then when its off it will switch itself on and when locked will light up to the lock screen repeatedly.
    It also bombs out of apps to lock itself.
    Its not an app I removed them all.
    Its not WiFi
    I even unlocked. Routed. Flash recovery and installed glazed and after 3 hours it started again.
    As glazed 2.1 is based on 4.2.1 I think its definatly 4.2.1
    I'm going to try and flash stock 4.1.1 but I'm not holding out much hope.
    Google shouldn't release an update that's screws your tablet up.
    They should test it properly

Can anyone one with this issue change your screen timeout to 30 mins and tell me if it makes any difference ?
    Thanks
    Barks
    Last edited by barclay james; 12-05-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Mine reboots after I plug it in to charge! Doesn't happen to my wife's Nexus 7 at all. Mine is rooted & unlocked; hers is stock. Anybody stock having reboots?

Quote Originally Posted by lenwink View Post
    Mine reboots after I plug it in to charge! Doesn't happen to my wife's Nexus 7 at all. Mine is rooted & unlocked; hers is stock. Anybody stock having reboots?
    Mine is stock and reboots. However.... I have now uninstalled HD Widgets and Battery Widget Reborn.... no reboots that I've noticed yet anyway.

sent from one Android device or another

I've had HD Widgets uninstalled for more than a week, and have had no reboots during that time. I don't care if it's a 4.2 issue or a HD Widgets issue. I'm convinced, at least in my case, that they were the issue.

I have had Beautiful Widgets for years on my phone, and also have it on the N7. Their newest update has a lockscreen widget that looks very nice, for those that may be interested. I'll be interested to see if the reboot issue starts up again now that I have that on my lockscreen.

ROM
    stock

Thanked by 2:
    Luvzmobile

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

HD Widgets has been updated and I've re-installed with no reboots.... so far
    Galaxy S5
    Sony Smartwatch 2
    Nexus 10

I've noticed mine spontaneously reboots when a lot of apps that I have on Auto Update get to downloading at the same time also with a few applications open. Its just happened to me, right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Update...my Nexus 7 rebooted while adding themes for Beautiful Widgets. The reboots may be due to app incompatibility and not an os bug, but I'm not a professional to make that determination.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, I had not had a reboot after removing HD Widgets, until the latest update of Beautiful Widgets showed up. Since I now could I put a BW Widget on my lock screen with a theme for a day and everything seemed fine. I added the original clock widget back to the lock screen and deleted the Beautiful Widgets Lock Screen Widget and next thing I new I had the X on the screen and was rebooting. I have now uninstalled BW completely and have gone back to the stock clock widget to see if that changes things. I'm starting to think something is funky with the new widget capabilities...

So in summary, HD Widgets the version before the current one seemed to cause reboots. The latest Beautiful Widgets version also seems to cause an issue (when uninstalling the widget from the lock screen? could someone else try this?).

Just had my first random reboot, and it was during the installation of the latest HD Widget update.

I used in the car as well with Waze and it just frooze and then rebooted

Quote Originally Posted by muiriddin View Post
    Okay, I had not had a reboot after removing HD Widgets, until the latest update of Beautiful Widgets showed up. Since I now could I put a BW Widget on my lock screen with a theme for a day and everything seemed fine. I added the original clock widget back to the lock screen and deleted the Beautiful Widgets Lock Screen Widget and next thing I new I had the X on the screen and was rebooting. I have now uninstalled BW completely and have gone back to the stock clock widget to see if that changes things. I'm starting to think something is funky with the new widget capabilities...

So in summary, HD Widgets the version before the current one seemed to cause reboots. The latest Beautiful Widgets version also seems to cause an issue (when uninstalling the widget from the lock screen? could someone else try this?).
    Just to complicate things further...Beautiful Widgets worked for me until the last update. It rebooted while the app was trying to update, so I removed it from the lockscreen.

I have had the latest HD Widgets reinstalled, with the lockscreen widget, for more than a week with no reboots. The folks at HD had posted on their site that they had a work around, so I thought I would give it a try. So far so good, but I don't think that HD had updated since I reinstalled it.

It seems to me to be something with updates and the lockscreen.

Mine only reboots once every day.but I'm having other issues. When I don't press anything it randomly clicks something. Also when I click lthe screen it doesn't respond or it clicks in the opposite side of the screen. It is hard to do stuff on it. Before this happened it was a great tablet

Lightbulb Re: Nexus 7 rebooting on it's own since 4.2 update!

In my case the nexus continiously rebooted, it appeared to be the app moonreader which could not complete an update
    this video - a bit simple- but efficient showed me how to reset to fact. defaults
    btw no need to connect to power or computer

I have same problem its rebooting every 20-30 seconds

Hi Yes another, only had it one month. This is not since the update but from new. Any solutions before I send it back.......Is it Android and not Nexus issue so it wont make a difference.....?

Question Re: Nexus 7 rebooting on it's own since 4.2 update!

Same here so annoying any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Same here so annoying any suggestions?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast