Nexus 7 rebooting on it's own since 4.2 update!

colemas

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine reboots after I plug it in to charge! Doesn't happen to my wife's Nexus 7 at all. Mine is rooted & unlocked; hers is stock. Anybody stock having reboots?

Mine is stock and reboots. However.... I have now uninstalled HD Widgets and Battery Widget Reborn.... no reboots that I've noticed yet anyway.

sent from one Android device or another

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had HD Widgets uninstalled for more than a week, and have had no reboots during that time. I don't care if it's a 4.2 issue or a HD Widgets issue. I'm convinced, at least in my case, that they were the issue.

I have had Beautiful Widgets for years on my phone, and also have it on the N7. Their newest update has a lockscreen widget that looks very nice, for those that may be interested. I'll be interested to see if the reboot issue starts up again now that I have that on my lockscreen.:)

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed mine spontaneously reboots when a lot of apps that I have on Auto Update get to downloading at the same time also with a few applications open. Its just happened to me, right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Update...my Nexus 7 rebooted while adding themes for Beautiful Widgets. The reboots may be due to app incompatibility and not an os bug, but I'm not a professional to make that determination. :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I had not had a reboot after removing HD Widgets, until the latest update of Beautiful Widgets showed up. Since I now could I put a BW Widget on my lock screen with a theme for a day and everything seemed fine. I added the original clock widget back to the lock screen and deleted the Beautiful Widgets Lock Screen Widget and next thing I new I had the X on the screen and was rebooting. I have now uninstalled BW completely and have gone back to the stock clock widget to see if that changes things. I'm starting to think something is funky with the new widget capabilities...

So in summary, HD Widgets the version before the current one seemed to cause reboots. The latest Beautiful Widgets version also seems to cause an issue (when uninstalling the widget from the lock screen? could someone else try this?).

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I had not had a reboot after removing HD Widgets, until the latest update of Beautiful Widgets showed up. Since I now could I put a BW Widget on my lock screen with a theme for a day and everything seemed fine. I added the original clock widget back to the lock screen and deleted the Beautiful Widgets Lock Screen Widget and next thing I new I had the X on the screen and was rebooting. I have now uninstalled BW completely and have gone back to the stock clock widget to see if that changes things. I'm starting to think something is funky with the new widget capabilities...

So in summary, HD Widgets the version before the current one seemed to cause reboots. The latest Beautiful Widgets version also seems to cause an issue (when uninstalling the widget from the lock screen? could someone else try this?).

Just to complicate things further...Beautiful Widgets worked for me until the last update. It rebooted while the app was trying to update, so I removed it from the lockscreen.

I have had the latest HD Widgets reinstalled, with the lockscreen widget, for more than a week with no reboots. The folks at HD had posted on their site that they had a work around, so I thought I would give it a try. So far so good, but I don't think that HD had updated since I reinstalled it.

It seems to me to be something with updates and the lockscreen.

Eliana Saukkola

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine only reboots once every day.but I'm having other issues. When I don't press anything it randomly clicks something. Also when I click lthe screen it doesn't respond or it clicks in the opposite side of the screen. It is hard to do stuff on it. Before this happened it was a great tablet

kibbs osafo

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Yes another, only had it one month. This is not since the update but from new. Any solutions before I send it back.......Is it Android and not Nexus issue so it wont make a difference.....?

ETSubmariner

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I found that my 7.7 was rebooting when connecting/connected to wifi, though of course, my 7.7 isn't on anything but 4.0.4. The trouble started when I noticed that my battery was being depleted rapidly. I thought, as you might, a new or updated app, etc etc. Even did a recovery reset (partition clearing), but then I saw a post somewhere else that their tab was rebooting when connected to wifi, but never with just connected to the service plan.

I am still testing, but maybe another solution for you all.

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed mine spontaneously reboots when a lot of apps that I have on Auto Update get to downloading at the same time also with a few applications open. Its just happened to me, right now.

I've had my Nexus 7 since December 2012. Soon thereafter, it began spontaneously rebooting when auto-installing apps. I disabled Auto Update...but still experienced spontaneous reboots. It would also spontaneously reboot when I manually installed the many pending updates. :( The upgrade to 4.3 didn't resolve the problem.

The device spontaneously rebooted while I was composing a note in Google Keep--so I performed a factory reset over the weekend. Auto Update is enabled. The device is still spontaneously rebooting during the overnight hours--presumably when updates are being installed. I don't have HD Widgets installed. I have Beautiful Widgets installed.

Rahul Majumdar1

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same problem with my nexus 7 2012 32 gb, 3g. My device had been rebooting every 20-30 secs. basically, within 5 seconds of the login screen coming up, by the time i finished entering my password, the device restarts!
I manged to resolve the issue using the recovery mode, and doing a datawipe/factory reset. Lost my personal data, but saved my tablet at least! So far so good.

This should help:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...01-nexus-7-2012-boot-problem.html#post3138529

Killer5000

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 7 has been rebooting for months now and yesterday it rebooted and stayed on the logo.:'( :'( PLEASE REPLY IM ONLY 10 YEARS OLD AND I GOT IT FOR CHRISTMAS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer