Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Nexus 7 rebooting on it's own since 4.2 update!

I found that my 7.7 was rebooting when connecting/connected to wifi, though of course, my 7.7 isn't on anything but 4.0.4. The trouble started when I noticed that my battery was being depleted rapidly. I thought, as you might, a new or updated app, etc etc. Even did a recovery reset (partition clearing), but then I saw a post somewhere else that their tab was rebooting when connected to wifi, but never with just connected to the service plan.

I am still testing, but maybe another solution for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanamanation#IM View Post
    I've noticed mine spontaneously reboots when a lot of apps that I have on Auto Update get to downloading at the same time also with a few applications open. Its just happened to me, right now.
    I've had my Nexus 7 since December 2012. Soon thereafter, it began spontaneously rebooting when auto-installing apps. I disabled Auto Update...but still experienced spontaneous reboots. It would also spontaneously reboot when I manually installed the many pending updates. The upgrade to 4.3 didn't resolve the problem.

The device spontaneously rebooted while I was composing a note in Google Keep--so I performed a factory reset over the weekend. Auto Update is enabled. The device is still spontaneously rebooting during the overnight hours--presumably when updates are being installed. I don't have HD Widgets installed. I have Beautiful Widgets installed.

I have been having the same problem with my nexus 7 2012 32 gb, 3g. My device had been rebooting every 20-30 secs. basically, within 5 seconds of the login screen coming up, by the time i finished entering my password, the device restarts!
    I manged to resolve the issue using the recovery mode, and doing a datawipe/factory reset. Lost my personal data, but saved my tablet at least! So far so good.

This should help:
    Nexus 7 (2012) Boot Problem
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

My nexus 7 has been rebooting for months now and yesterday it rebooted and stayed on the logo. PLEASE REPLY IM ONLY 10 YEARS OLD AND I GOT IT FOR CHRISTMAS.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234