Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    Hey everybody I'm trying to make a decion on a tablet I was looking at the nexus 7 or the Kindle fire hd. I was mostly going to use the tablet for movies and tv shows. I'm loving the tv portal app and wondering if one would look better than another. I would also browse some Internet here and there was wondering if anybody tried either one and if one would be a better choice for movies and videos and maybe some Internet browsing thanks everybody

    The amazing galaxy s3
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzo1992 View Post
    Hey everybody I'm trying to make a decion on a tablet I was looking at the nexus 7 or the Kindle fire hd. I was mostly going to use the tablet for movies and tv shows. I'm loving the tv portal app and wondering if one would look better than another. I would also browse some Internet here and there was wondering if anybody tried either one and if one would be a better choice for movies and videos and maybe some Internet browsing thanks everybody

    The amazing galaxy s3
    On the RARE occasion that someone only wants to watch movies / tv shows i'd say Kindle Fire HD
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    I mean I would wanna use the full function or a tablet that it all has to offer but I am looking forward to watching tv portal on it the most.

    The amazing galaxy s3
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzo1992 View Post
    I mean I would wanna use the full function or a tablet that it all has to offer but I am looking forward to watching tv portal on it the most.

    The amazing galaxy s3
    If you want a fully functionable, well rounded tablet you get the Nexus 7.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    If you're going for a content-focused choice, get the Kindle Fire HD. If you're going for a well rounded and highly customizable device, get the Nexus 7.



    VZW GNex - CM10 Jelly Bro b4
  6. #6  
    nexusisneecesary's Avatar

    Posts
    4,135 Posts
    ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    Quote Originally Posted by UCIntegra1337 View Post
    If you're going for a content-focused choice, get the Kindle Fire HD. If you're going for a well rounded and highly customizable device, get the Nexus 7.



    VZW GNex - CM10 Jelly Bro b4
    Hey content is growing every day for android and the nexus 7 right now i guess this is really what it boils down to.. IMO the n7 wins out easily:thumbup:

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Documentary's and Educational Videos you think everyone should see.
    (Last Updated June,2,2013)
    Thread Retired
    Current Android Devices:HTC one,2013 Nexus 7
    Past Android Devices:Xperia Play,Droid Pro,2012 Nexus 7
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    My only warning is: you MIGHT end up wanting to use your device for more than just watching TV shows/movies--and if/when that happens, you'll find yourself severely limited by the Kindle. If you're hooked into the amazon ecosystem with Prime, it makes more sense to get one (though, I have Prime and an N7). I don't know about the Fire HD, but I couldn't get external keyboards or external memory to work w/o rooting on my parents' Fire 1.0's.

    The Kindle launcher is ****-ugly; no widgets or customization of any sort, just a carousel of app buttons. It's very intuitive for people like my parents, as it does give each book/movie its own button, but it's a pain to scroll through.
    .
    This is a screenshot of my N7:
    Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd-misc.jpg
    ^Not the prettiest, but it's exactly everything I need to access, all conveniently there. I have 3 homescreens; one with newsfeed widgets; my main homescreen as above; and one with my email/tasks/calendar widgets. I take it everywhere with me, so no only is it my media consumption/note-taking device, I use it to plan/organize my day, I use it as my GPS, etc.

    This is a screenshot of Amazon's carousel:
    Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd-amazon-kindle-hd-review-screenshot-apps.jpg

    Just watch some YT video comparisons to get a sense of what each can do. I'm already biased because I have an N7 :P.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    If you like downloading content from Amazon and like their ecosystem then get a Kindle Fire. If you want a stock Android tablet that does pretty much what your smartphone does and more then I say go with a Nexus 7.
  9. #9  
    Xopher's Avatar

    Posts
    596 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    The one downside to the Fire HD that kept me from going that route is how limited the system is for modifications. My main peeve is not being able to change the on-screen keyboard. You can only use the default keyboard, so no Thumb Keyboard, SwiftKey, Swype... At least it has Bluetooth so you can link to an external keyboard. I just didn't like the idea of some things being as locked down as they are.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    Quote Originally Posted by Xopher View Post
    The one downside to the Fire HD that kept me from going that route is how limited the system is for modifications. My main peeve is not being able to change the on-screen keyboard. You can only use the default keyboard, so no Thumb Keyboard, SwiftKey, Swype... At least it has Bluetooth so you can link to an external keyboard. I just didn't like the idea of some things being as locked down as they are.
    I have an original Fire and the N7. I loved the Fire when I first got it, but having an Android phone, quickly became frustrated that I couldn't customize it. In addition, my grandson has one on my account and I don't like that he can see everything I've purchased. I now have Go Launcher installed on both, and an app called random wallpapers, but it bugs me that it's so locked down. I can use my N7 and watch any movies I want, and I'm able to customize any way I want.

    I think both are excellent tablets, but it depends on whether you want to tweak it.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    Yeah I belive that nexus 7 might be a better choice feel like u will be too restricted with the Kindle fire hd also with the nexus 7 I can do some classic gaming from n64 and such. Can't wait to get one for Christmas or black Friday

    The amazing galaxy s3
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    Technically speaking, there is a comparison I found online.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle fire hd

    Nexus 7

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for some opinions... Google Nexus 7 vs. Kindle Fire
    By gingersnapgirl in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 10:09 PM
  2. Would you buy Kindle Fire HD?
    By still1 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 09:35 PM
  3. Nook Color 2 vs. Kindle Fire - Which is more R00t friendly??
    By biggjoe in forum Misc. Tablet Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 03:04 AM
  4. Flyer vs Kindle Fire
    By KoukiFC3S in forum HTC Flyer
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions