Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Since 4.2, Amazon App Store Won't Stay Logged On

Well the update didn't fix it for me. Since updating the other day I have had to log in three times now. Basically once a day. It's going to be really annoying going into Amazon every 25 days to delete devices.

That's odd. The most current version release is 4.3.14.3C-522400310. Is that your version? If so, then make sure to leave feedback for Amazon. Go to the main screen, then Menu->More->Leave Feedback, and let them know you're still having problems.

My Amazon Ap Store is also hosed.

I don't blame Amazon, but Google.

Of course hard will Google try to give users access to purchase from Amazon???

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That's odd. The most current version release is 4.3.14.3C-522400310. Is that your version? If so, then make sure to leave feedback for Amazon. Go to the main screen, then Menu->More->Leave Feedback, and let them know you're still having problems.

That's the version I have.

I suppose you could also go to Manage Apps and clear the cache and data.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dougf4 View Post
    My Amazon Ap Store is also hosed.

I don't blame Amazon, but Google.

Of course hard will Google try to give users access to purchase from Amazon???
    The Amazon app store works just fine for me since I installed the latest version. Yes, Google technically caused it by changing some underlying library that Amazon was using. No, Google did not do it on purpose nor do they actually care whether you are using Amazon's app store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
    Thanked by:

I got a message for a new version. seems to fix the log out issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I don't have a Nexus or Jelly Bean. I am running a Galaxy S2 and this logout problem is driving me nuts. Mine says it is version 4.5.16.0C. The release notes says it takes care of the 4.2 logout problem. Now how about fixing the problem for those of us NOT running 4.2.

I use an app daily that makes me log in every time I use it. It is a paid app and a royal PITA. To make things worse, it doesn't even take me back to the app after I log into Amazon.

Does anyone know if there is an APK or whatever for an older version that doesn't have this crappy behavior?

Thanks
    Splaktar likes this.

I do use Amazon App rarely on my N7 since I tend to get my music mostly through Play now. But, I did have logout issues on my phone the past days which is still 2.2.1 LOL!
    Also, I logged into Amazon on computer and saw 15 devices for each time (only have two). Cleaned that up.

I was having this issue on my Nexus 7 running Jellybean, but it seems to be ok now. However, I now have this problem on my Atrix 4G running 2.3.x ... Pretty annoyed at Amazon now...

Yeah, I'm seeing this on my Razr Maxx running 4.0.4 as well. Send feedback to Amazon under the Appstore's settings to let them know!

I did online chat with Amazon Appstore; I was told to uninstall new version and to install older version from this link

https://amznadsi.hs.llnwd.net/e1/AmazonAppstore-2.6.apk

I've had no problems after doing this. Customer service rep also stated DO NOT UPDATE APPSTORE within the next 3-4 weeks. Hope this helps
    Thanked by:
    Splaktar likes this.

yeah i got same problem. Pretty crappy considering the latest update says its fixes the log out. I didn't have the problem till i downloaded this new one

downloading older version from oct to see if that solves problem.. btw my issue was with razr maxx not N7 so it looks like its across the board

I also have this issue and is why I am here. Has you found a fix for this problem yet?

Removing the Amazon App store and installing the old version from here https://amznadsi.hs.llnwd.net/e1/AmazonAppstore-2.6.apk
    also worked for me, great info! It's too bad the old app store is faster and more stable than the new one, hope Amazon gets it fixed soon.
    Was running a Nextbook Android 4.0 tablet for reference.
    Splaktar likes this.

Going to try this fix on my SGH-T989 (SGS2). Thank you. This has been driving me nuts for months now and I was just about to completely abandon the Amazon appstore.

Angry Re: Since 4.2, Amazon App Store Won't Stay Logged On

How's that fix coming ... It's been more than a year since this post and I'm still having this issue.
    It's even cost me money. I use several apps for business like my GoPro app. Nothing sucks worse than being on a remote shoot and your APP won't work because you haven't prayed to Amazon in several days...

The Amazon Appstore is one of the worst apps I've seen. It's slow, buggy, and as everyone has been mentioning, inexplicably logs out periodically. The only reason I keep it is just in case there's a really good Free App of the Day. Otherwise, if I see something decent there, I'll usually go to Google Play to get it.

I wonder if Amazon does this on purpose to encourage people to buy a Kindle Fire (where I assume the Appstore is optimized to run smoothly), rather than other Android tablets.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123