Since 4.2, Amazon App Store Won't Stay Logged On

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else had this issue? Since I upgraded to 4.2, I have to log into Amazon App Store every day for it to work. Even worse, I have to log into it for any of the apps I downloaded from it to work. Prior to the update I would stay permanently logged in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else had this issue? Since I upgraded to 4.2, I have to log into Amazon App Store every day for it to work. Even worse, I have to log into it for any of the apps I downloaded from it to work. Prior to the update I would stay permanently logged in.

Same issues for me. Don't know of any fix. Hopefully amazon updates cause some apps I can't use without being signed into the amazon store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep, same here.

Most annoying is having it ding me whenever I fire up Tapatalk.

I left a comment. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

Update: Just got this from the Amazon support:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are facing with the Amazon Appstore on your Nexus 7 tablet after updating to Android 4.2.

I'd like to inform you, our technical team is already aware of this problem and they're working on taking care of it.

Errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported. Situations such as this are rare, and our goal is to help resolve any problems you encounter as quickly as possible. I'm sorry I was unable to solve this problem more quickly and I will personally write back as soon as a resolution is available.

Last edited:

smartiekins

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
thanks for this information l shaII Keep an eye on this thread! Thanks to Google I have now found this forum, which I think will be very useful!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Only happened to me until I started installing my apps, then it hasn't asked me anymore to log on.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I figured they would have had a fix by now. I came to this thread hoping someone had good news. It's annoying to say the least. :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7

jrowe

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem as well, glad it's being addressed already. Lucky for me that's the only app doing that. This one (Android Forms) Reader HD, etc have all worked just fine thus far.

drfisher

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Raised this with a phone call from amazon two days ago, to be told that the repeat logins were new feature designed to protect the interests of the app developers. Its meant to stop unauthorised use of apps licensed through the amazon appstore. The bug is that the app won't remember your login details. I've uninstalled the app until its fixed.

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed that everytime you log into the app- it adds a new device in your list of Android Devices associated with Amazon store. This will quickly fill up the max # of devices that you can have.

This is very bad - hopefully Amazon Appstore folks will fix this quickly. I wonder whether Google broke this purposely to discourage use of competing play store?

Osho

David Wyatt

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed that everytime you log into the app- it adds a new device in your list of Android Devices associated with Amazon store. This will quickly fill up the max # of devices that you can have.

This is very bad - hopefully Amazon Appstore folks will fix this quickly. I wonder whether Google broke this purposely to discourage use of competing play store?

Osho

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I hope it isn't the start of a tit-for-tat series of exchanges. Didn't that happen already with Apple and Adobe?

mikespe

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem but for me it keeps saying wrong password or email! I checked on my PC & logged in just fine with the same login info...How can I fix this? Thanks!

nschiwy

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
That happens when you fill up your max number of devices authorized to the account. That number appears to be 25it was kind of hard to tell when I was going through the list of devices but all you need to do is log into your account online and delete the devices that you have created by logging in multiple times. I believe this is related to the fact that the Android now supports multiple users and the Amazon App Store app has not been updated to put your user information into the correct location. I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me this point

nschiwy

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I even deleted ALL 25 instances of my account but it still does not keep me logged in.

It's not going to stay logged in until they patch the app. I don't understand what's taking them so long, though. they have some of the brightest minds in the field at that company, this should be something that gets fixed the same day that they know about the problem. It's getting to the point that I want to open up the apk and poke around and see if I can find the issue.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not going to stay logged in until they patch the app. I don't understand what's taking them so long, though. they have some of the brightest minds in the field at that company, this should be something that gets fixed the same day that they know about the problem. It's getting to the point that I want to open up the apk and poke around and see if I can find the issue.

Amazon tends to drag their feet on these things. Same reason it takes forever for app updates to get pushed through their store versus through Google Play. Hopefully enough people complain that they hurry up with it.

Sonic Alpha

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
This has been bothering me since the update, I was tearing my hair out trying to find some sort of setting for it, lol.

Good to know I'm not alone :)

I've also noticed that the app fails to save changes to settings (such as notifications) :/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc