Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By carracerz14
  • 2 Post By Diknak
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Default Wanted: Dongle / Bracket to allow front camera to face rear...

I have seen all sorts of goofy iPhone camera attachments...

What I would love to see is a bracket that snaps on the sides of the N7 that has mirrors that allow pictures to be taken add if the camera was actually rear facing...

Sure would make it easier to take pics with the N7...

And yes I do want to use my N7 to take pics for online use even though it is only a low resolution camera. I sell a lot online & the N7 camera is fine... Holding the tablet facing something and trying to line it up is awkward...

I am envisioning a cheap Chinese made single selling for $8.99 shipped from Taiwan...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Wanted: Dongle / Bracket to allow front camera to face rear...

I'd like one too. I am seeing it sort of like this: (Quick drawing in photoshop.)

The colors and scale is way off, but you get the point. It would slide onto the top and have para-scope style mirrors to redirect the camera towards the back.

Just rig it with a 1CM piece of discoball type mirror piece, cardboard and tape. Cover with spraypaint or electrical tape to your liking for style points. Note: This would make it a point and shoot type (aiming top end towards photo object). You will need 2 mirrors and longer cardboard tunnel to make it function like a rear facing camera. Plus It will then stick up past the top of the N7.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Buy a cheap camera bro. A lot easier and better quality, and you won't look like a fool trying to take a pic.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    daryllh likes this.

Would it be easier to just drill a 1/4" hole in the back of the case and turn the camera around?

Sent from planet earth

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Buy a cheap camera bro. A lot easier and better quality, and you won't look like a fool trying to take a pic.

Useless post. Aint nobody got time for all that!

Maybe hes like most people and would prefer to carry around 1 or 2 devices only?

Quote Originally Posted by flacousa View Post
    Would it be easier to just drill a 1/4" hole in the back of the case and turn the camera around?

Sent from planet earth
    My suggestion wont void your warranty. That sounds like a lot more work. Also if the camera is anything like the Droid X setup there wont be enough slack to even twist it around. Since theres already a slot for a rear camera maybe the 2nd edition will use it and you could transplant that camera in. Your suggestion might actually work if you can find an extended ribbon cable that matches. All I can say is good luck there. I couldn't even find a replacement cable for mine and had to spend $30 on an entire new camera module.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by Levolent com View Post
    Useless post. Aint nobody got time for all that!

Maybe hes like most people and would prefer to carry around 1 or 2 devices only?

Well maybe the op should have done some more research before he purchased this tablet?

And judging that the op hasn't responded in this 3 month old thread, I doubt he cares.

It's a camera that is really only good for a webcam. It would take terrible stills.
    wunderbar and pontiac005 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diknak View Post
    It's a camera that is really only good for a webcam. It would take terrible stills.
    This. Build away. It'll still look like crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Diknak View Post
    +1

If this is functionality you must than the N7 is not the right tablet for you.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    +1

If this is functionality you must than the N7 is not the right tablet for you.
    This: Wanted: current alternatives to N7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post

I have a DSLR, but it doesn't fit in my pocket and it can't be used to scan QR codes and stuff.