Problem getting ePub files on nexus 7

Kayley_m

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am unable to put ePub or mobi files on my Nexus 7. When I connect my nexus to my laptop and try to transfer the files I get a message saying that my device is not compatible with the files and if they are media files to try using windows media player.

The only way I can get the files on to my nexus 7 is by attaching them the to an email from my laptop and then opening the email on my nexus but this only works with ePub files.

I tried the same with the mobi files but when I open the email it says I have on program's on my nexus 7 to handle the files.

I know the files work fine because they load perfectly when I downed the files from the email on to my iPhone kindle app.

I have installed a good few ereader apps on my nexus 7 but to no avail the mobi files won't go on my nexus.

I don't understand why I am unable to drag and drop the ebook files to my nexus7.

any help would be grand as the only reason I got the nexus was to mainly use it as an ereader as my kobo touch gave up the ghost x

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kayley

I can not tell exactly HOW you are trying to transfer the files but something does not sound right. So I will tell you HOW i perform the transfer using my windows PC. I have no idea if the process could be short-circuited using the Apple PC equivalents but I would be pretty upset if they were.

1) connect the cable from Nexus 7 to PC
--- an AutoPlay popup should appear asking how you want to handle the new device (see attach step 1). I select Open device to view files. This opens Windows File Explorer.

View attachment 47153

2) I then find my PC copy of files I want to transfer - see Step 2 attachment - I then select the files with a simple Copy Command ( Ctrl-C ) but you can just drag them if you prefer.

View attachment 47152

3) Last step is to paste them into the proper Books folder on your Nexus 7 (see Step 3 attached) by clicking the destination folder and then a simple Paste Command (Ctrl-V)

View attachment 47151

Hope this helps. There should not be any kind of interception or redirection caused by any of the steps in this process. A file transfer is what it is and no program is supposed to stick it's nose into that process.

Kayley_m

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thankyou Ill have a another try when I get home.

I was connecting the nexus to the pc via the USB and when the auto play device poped up I clicked take no action. I then went on "my computer" and opening the nexus 7 and then dragging the files and on to the nexus.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You could try two other methods.

method 1---> move them from the PC to the N7 over the wireless connection
1) transfer/copy the files over to your PC's shared public network folders - the folder is created by default when you hook up the N7 to Wireless
[ Network Icon\Computer Name\Users\Public\Public Documents ]

2) run a file transfer/management program on the Nexus 7 like X-plore (has dual pane in Landscape mode that makes dragging and dropping easy)

method 2 ---> learn how to use Calibre on your PC and use it's built in capability to transfer files directly to your Nexus 7. Calibre also lets you convert book format types back and forth.

tmaze

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what ereader(s) you are using, but you might have to open the reader and 'import' the file. (That works in Mantano reader, which handles epub files).

Kayley_m

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the reply's. still unable to transfer upub, mobi, and pdf via usb from my pc to my nexus 7. i tried with Mantano but was unable to get the files on there :/

I downloaded "Wifi file transfer" a few hours ago and that seems to have solved the issue so i can do away with the whole usb and just send them over wifi to my nexus

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded "Wifi file transfer" a few hours ago and that seems to have solved the issue so i can do away with the whole usb and just send them over wifi to my nexus
AirDroid is another good, free app to try for wireless transfers, if both the PC and N7 are on the same network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca