Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: List your 4.2 bugs here

Google chrome is really slow and lags the nexus 7. If I hit the resent apps and swipe away chrome the device speeds up again. Try it yourself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bez54 View Post
    Google chrome is really slow and lags the nexus 7. If I hit the resent apps and swipe away chrome the device speeds up again. Try it yourself.

Aren't all those apps just thumbnails?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Swiping away apps in Recent Apps doesn't close them, it just takes them off the list. For example, if you have Pandora running in the background and you swipe it away, Pandora won't close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    sushiguy732 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Swiping away apps in Recent Apps doesn't close them, it just takes them off the list. For example, if you have Pandora running in the background and you swipe it away, Pandora won't close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    This actually isn't a bug . They're just thumbnails. Also, I posted a tip for quick force closing if you're interested. [Spoiler] If you tap and hold an app, you can then see app info. You can either force close or uninstall from there. Here is what you should see when you tap and hold: List your 4.2 bugs here-uploadfromtaptalk1353793508203.jpg[/spoiler]

Sorry I'm new to all this but why would Amazon have to mail the App Store link? Is it not on Amazon's site? Could you post the link? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    RE: Amazon App updating
    Same here. I just went to Amazon's site, had them email me the latest Amazon App Store link, and installed the new version over the old one. The "Check for Updates" built in to the Amazon App Store kept telling me I was on the latest version.

For giggles, I did the same thing on my old Thunderbolt. My 'bolt was running a 2.x release of the Amazon App Store (it's at 4.x now, so that "check for updates" has been lying to me for a long time).

I always figured Amazon just wants your email address for marketing.

The direct link is WWW.amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp.

Thanked by:

Not sure how widely used it is, but 4.2 breaks support for global Badge Notifications using MissedIt in conjunction with WidgetLocker & Nova Launcher Prime.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo06sp View Post
    Sometimes, my tablet just doesn't wake up. It takes at least ten seconds to kick in.
    I encounter this from time to time too. I changed from face unlock (which is slow to come up, and delays the autorotation of the lock screen on wake-up) to pattern. Still happens once in a while.

I'm going to try disabling background sync of Currents as suggested in another thread.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Nexus 7 bricked by 4.2! Replacement on the way.

My son played angry birds till the battery died and put it on the shelf without recharging. When I picked it up and hit the power button, it immediately went into shutdown due to dead battery. After charging all night, all attempts to restart failed fantastically. First I would see the Google splash screen followed by the "X" screen and get stuck there. Then subsequent attempts to reboot were followed the Google screen to "X" screen to a screen displaying static or snow and get stuck there (never seen that before). Then after powering down and back up with long power button presses, it would then just go to faint blue background illumination and get stuck there, not even the Google screen or "X" screen. Tried hard resets, long power button presses, display now only flashes between faint background illumination and total black every 5 seconds or so.

Called Google customer support this morning (called ASUS first, big mistake, dont waste your time) they didnt sound very surprised. Said they know of this type of issue with very early devices (ordered my Nexus day 1). Long story short, new one in the mail today. He mentioned that they are working on getting a fix out there for this problem, but its not ready yet. So if you were an early device purchaser, you may want to wait before installing 4.2, mine was the 8 GB version.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Not sure how widely used it is, but 4.2 breaks support for global Badge Notifications using MissedIt in conjunction with WidgetLocker & Nova Launcher Prime.
    Developer probably needs to update for 4.2 changes. Not a bug with 4.2.

Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    Nexus 7 bricked by 4.2! Replacement on the way.

My son played angry birds till the battery died and put it on the shelf without recharging.
    I don't see how this is a 4.2 bug. Your kid ran the battery down to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Developer probably needs to update for 4.2 changes. Not a bug with 4.2.
    Ya I know but it was introduced as of 4.2.
    Anyhow, it finally got fixed today after helping the Dev track down the problem.

I know global Badge Notification icons might seem like a small thing, but after getting use to it it's very difficult to go without them.

ROM
    SuperClean 2.9

I still have the "Beam did not complete" issue. I had a corporate email account but removed it, and have tried all sorts of combinations of wireless radios toggled. I can beam URLs, apps, directions, contacts, etc., but no pictures or videos. Always fails, big or small. 4.2.1 to 4.2.1 (Nexus 4s)
    Thanked by:

When changing the volume up/down now on the device, the pop-up showing the volume level no longer shows the slider moving.

The volume actually does change, and if I let the pop up fade and then hit the volume rocker again, it's updated to the new volume. The animation appears to no longer work.

My camera just flat out died, nothing but a green screen with pink sometimes......
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Anyone seen the issue where you click the all-apps icon on the home screen, and the app drawer halts while drawing with the icons about 2x as big ... halts ... then picks up its transition animation literally 1-3 seconds later?

Part of the general lag issue, I suspect, but happens regularly in the same predictable way.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Battery life has significantly reduced.

Screen flickers under low light even with auto brightness turned off.

Bought the Nexus 7 recently as a gift for hubby. I did do the updates to 4.1.2, then after some research, 4.2 and then 4.2.1, but only after doing a factory reset before 4.2, and then after 4.2.1. For the most part, I have not noticed any particular issues, the device is still smooth, apps open fast, bluetooth works, battery life seems good. I do have background data disabled in most apps and also location services disabled.

However, twice now, when updating apps so hubby won't have to be bored with that, I get MAJOR screen flicker in the Google Play store. This only happened while actually downloading updates, but also, after downloading an update, the back button would not return me to the previous screen, I had to use the Play store link in the upper left corner to leave the screen of the app I had updated. It did not do this prior to the updates.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

Had several warnings that some google apps stopped working and will shot down. Did not reboot immediately as I was busy reading important emails. The tablet than shut down and got stuck at boot animation. Tried everything including hard reset with data erase and factory restore. Nothing worked. Google is sending replacement as they couldn't do anything either.

Whenever I go out of silent mode, it takes literally five minutes to get sound again.

BT audio playback dropouts (pandora or just google music of local music files) when I use internet apps. I also get a few intermittent audio dropouts when not touching the N2.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

Quote Originally Posted by JJDigitized View Post
    When changing the volume up/down now on the device, the pop-up showing the volume level no longer shows the slider moving.

The volume actually does change, and if I let the pop up fade and then hit the volume rocker again, it's updated to the new volume. The animation appears to no longer work.
    I rebooted the tablet and that fixed the issue for me. It started happening when I started using Tasker and created a profile that modifies the volume.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Quote Originally Posted by pfunnyjoy View Post
    Bought the Nexus 7 recently as a gift for hubby. I did do the updates to 4.1.2, then after some research, 4.2 and then 4.2.1, but only after doing a factory reset before 4.2, and then after 4.2.1. For the most part, I have not noticed any particular issues, the device is still smooth, apps open fast, bluetooth works, battery life seems good. I do have background data disabled in most apps and also location services disabled.

However, twice now, when updating apps so hubby won't have to be bored with that, I get MAJOR screen flicker in the Google Play store. This only happened while actually downloading updates, but also, after downloading an update, the back button would not return me to the previous screen, I had to use the Play store link in the upper left corner to leave the screen of the app I had updated. It did not do this prior to the updates.
    That's happened to me infrequently. (I've also had some reboots while it was just sitting on my desktop, no warning or indications.)
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    That's happened to me infrequently. (I've also had some reboots while it was just sitting on my desktop, no warning or indications.)
    It happened again yesterday. Annoying, but since it goes away once whatever app is updated, I think hubby can live with it. Hope a future OS update will fix.

No reboots here, knock on wood.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

Apple Magic Trackpad stopped working on girlfriend's N7 and hasn't worked on my N10. All it is now capable of is clicking in the center of the screen. No gestures, no movement whatsoever.

Did work pre-4.2 (see this YouTube video, which inspired me to buy the Trackpad in the first place: ). Works on my 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus.

Also, my Wireless Keyboard doesn't work so well anymore either. Occasionally hangs up on letters and typing can look like tttttttttttttttttthis. These random hang-ups seem analogous to the audio drop-outs people are experiencing. Please go back to the old Bluetooth stack, Google!

This update has ruined the nexus 7 well I hope its the update but every game I play it crashes mid way through playing it and locks my device don't understand . or is it a fault with the nexus its self?

- - - Updated - - -

This update has ruined the nexus 7 well I hope its the update but every game I play it crashes mid way through playing it and locks my device don't understand . or is it a fault with the nexus its self?

- - - Updated - - -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast