List your 4.2 bugs here

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery life has significantly reduced.

Screen flickers under low light even with auto brightness turned off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Bought the Nexus 7 recently as a gift for hubby. I did do the updates to 4.1.2, then after some research, 4.2 and then 4.2.1, but only after doing a factory reset before 4.2, and then after 4.2.1. For the most part, I have not noticed any particular issues, the device is still smooth, apps open fast, bluetooth works, battery life seems good. I do have background data disabled in most apps and also location services disabled.

However, twice now, when updating apps so hubby won't have to be bored with that, I get MAJOR screen flicker in the Google Play store. This only happened while actually downloading updates, but also, after downloading an update, the back button would not return me to the previous screen, I had to use the Play store link in the upper left corner to leave the screen of the app I had updated. It did not do this prior to the updates.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Had several warnings that some google apps stopped working and will shot down. Did not reboot immediately as I was busy reading important emails. The tablet than shut down and got stuck at boot animation. Tried everything including hard reset with data erase and factory restore. Nothing worked. Google is sending replacement as they couldn't do anything either.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I go out of silent mode, it takes literally five minutes to get sound again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
BT audio playback dropouts (pandora or just google music of local music files) when I use internet apps. I also get a few intermittent audio dropouts when not touching the N2.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
When changing the volume up/down now on the device, the pop-up showing the volume level no longer shows the slider moving.

The volume actually does change, and if I let the pop up fade and then hit the volume rocker again, it's updated to the new volume. The animation appears to no longer work.

I rebooted the tablet and that fixed the issue for me. It started happening when I started using Tasker and created a profile that modifies the volume.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Bought the Nexus 7 recently as a gift for hubby. I did do the updates to 4.1.2, then after some research, 4.2 and then 4.2.1, but only after doing a factory reset before 4.2, and then after 4.2.1. For the most part, I have not noticed any particular issues, the device is still smooth, apps open fast, bluetooth works, battery life seems good. I do have background data disabled in most apps and also location services disabled.

However, twice now, when updating apps so hubby won't have to be bored with that, I get MAJOR screen flicker in the Google Play store. This only happened while actually downloading updates, but also, after downloading an update, the back button would not return me to the previous screen, I had to use the Play store link in the upper left corner to leave the screen of the app I had updated. It did not do this prior to the updates.

That's happened to me infrequently. (I've also had some reboots while it was just sitting on my desktop, no warning or indications.)

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
That's happened to me infrequently. (I've also had some reboots while it was just sitting on my desktop, no warning or indications.)

It happened again yesterday. Annoying, but since it goes away once whatever app is updated, I think hubby can live with it. Hope a future OS update will fix.

No reboots here, knock on wood.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Thing Two).

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Apple Magic Trackpad stopped working on girlfriend's N7 and hasn't worked on my N10. All it is now capable of is clicking in the center of the screen. No gestures, no movement whatsoever.

Did work pre-4.2 (see this YouTube video, which inspired me to buy the Trackpad in the first place: Apple Keyboard and Magic Trackpad on Nexus 7 - YouTube). Works on my 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus.

Also, my Wireless Keyboard doesn't work so well anymore either. Occasionally hangs up on letters and typing can look like tttttttttttttttttthis. These random hang-ups seem analogous to the audio drop-outs people are experiencing. Please go back to the old Bluetooth stack, Google!

Joe Archer

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
This update has ruined the nexus 7 well I hope its the update but every game I play it crashes mid way through playing it and locks my device don't understand . or is it a fault with the nexus its self?

- - - Updated - - -

This update has ruined the nexus 7 well I hope its the update but every game I play it crashes mid way through playing it and locks my device don't understand . or is it a fault with the nexus its self?

- - - Updated - - -

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try wiping the cache partition following these instructions:

1. Reboot your tablet into the bootloader by turning it off, and then pushing the volume down + power buttons at the same time. Keep them down until you see the bootloader screen.
2. Then, use your volume buttons until you see Recovery displayed, and press the power button to select.
3. If you?re on a stock recovery, wait until you see the Android with the red exclamation point, and press volume up + power at the same time and keep them down until you see the Recovery menu.
4. Use the volume keys to select the option to clear your tablet?s cache, then press the power button to execute.

If this doesn't help, you should consider a factory reset, although this means reinstalling all of your apps.