List your 4.2 bugs here

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ive found that Google Now/Google search will slow way way down while still typing, seemingly doing a real time search lookup. I had to hard reset as nothing responded - total lockup. :banghead:

Ongoing : deleted search history to see if that helps....

Marsh511

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth audio now stutters and prone to 8-10 second blank-outs since going to 4.2. Especially with YouTube, TVPortal, etc. Seems to not be a problem with just audio streaming (Spotify, Pandora, etc.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
WiFi NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE

Connection is extremely erratic. I need to do a cold start in order to get connection about 80% of the time. So much for letting my N7 go into hibernate anymore. I now need to do a shutdown if I expect WiFi to work when I want to use it again. The WiFi shows connected, but you can not get out to the internet. I called Google Tech Support (15+ min wait - Uggg) and was told, "We have not heard of this issue. Would you like for me to help you do a factory re-set?" Whatever. Coming from the perspective of someone who has done front-line tech support for Windows and served as the Director of Quality for a 400 seat Tech Support Call Center I call BS on this as the first step in the troubleshooting process. This should be the last step and only after other steps are taken that are designed to preserve a customer's data and their applications are taken. Horrible from a customer service perspective. But, hey it's a great money-saver and easy on the bottom-line margins - get those techs off the phone and on to the next person ASAP, versus actually spending quality time trying to correct something. Heck, if your techs actually work on troubleshooting and take some time at it, you either A: Drive your wait times even higher or B. Have to hire more techs. Pretty obvious what Google's approach is.

I Can't Believe It's No Longer Butter.

SCREEN LAG - I had a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 that I returned for the N7 that had an annoying issue that now has surfaced on the N7 since the update. It seems almost like a video horsepower issue to me. On the Tab 2 After installing quite a few apps, the screen swipe became very difficult. The screen would not advance from one to another without several attempts and the original screen would "jerk or bounce back" into position rather than the next one "taking over." Out of the box when the Tab 2 was relatively clean of additional apps, the screen swipe seemed fine. Well, now since the 4.2 update abortion from Google, my N7 is now behaving in the same manner - just like ICS and not the "Buttery Smooth" element that Google delivered in my factory version of Jelly Bean. GRRRRRR......

GoKeyboard - Typing has become so laggy that I am going to have to remove it.

VOLUME - Yup, mine has noticeably decreased. I have a third party app that boosts it up. I've re-adjusted it and those settings seem to be holding now.

bez54

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Google chrome is really slow and lags the nexus 7. If I hit the resent apps and swipe away chrome the device speeds up again. Try it yourself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Google chrome is really slow and lags the nexus 7. If I hit the resent apps and swipe away chrome the device speeds up again. Try it yourself.

Aren't all those apps just thumbnails?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Swiping away apps in Recent Apps doesn't close them, it just takes them off the list. For example, if you have Pandora running in the background and you swipe it away, Pandora won't close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Swiping away apps in Recent Apps doesn't close them, it just takes them off the list. For example, if you have Pandora running in the background and you swipe it away, Pandora won't close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

This actually isn't a bug . They're just thumbnails. Also, I posted a tip for quick force closing if you're interested.
If you tap and hold an app, you can then see app info. You can either force close or uninstall from there. Here is what you should see when you tap and hold: uploadfromtaptalk1353793508203.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I'm new to all this but why would Amazon have to mail the App Store link? Is it not on Amazon's site? Could you post the link? Thank you.

RE: Amazon App updating
Same here. I just went to Amazon's site, had them email me the latest Amazon App Store link, and installed the new version over the old one. The "Check for Updates" built in to the Amazon App Store kept telling me I was on the latest version.

For giggles, I did the same thing on my old Thunderbolt. My 'bolt was running a 2.x release of the Amazon App Store (it's at 4.x now, so that "check for updates" has been lying to me for a long time).

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how widely used it is, but 4.2 breaks support for global Badge Notifications using MissedIt in conjunction with WidgetLocker & Nova Launcher Prime.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, my tablet just doesn't wake up. It takes at least ten seconds to kick in.
I encounter this from time to time too. I changed from face unlock (which is slow to come up, and delays the autorotation of the lock screen on wake-up) to pattern. Still happens once in a while.

I'm going to try disabling background sync of Currents as suggested in another thread.

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 7 bricked by 4.2! Replacement on the way.

My son played angry birds till the battery died and put it on the shelf without recharging. When I picked it up and hit the power button, it immediately went into shutdown due to dead battery. After charging all night, all attempts to restart failed fantastically. First I would see the Google splash screen followed by the "X" screen and get stuck there. Then subsequent attempts to reboot were followed the Google screen to "X" screen to a screen displaying static or snow and get stuck there (never seen that before). Then after powering down and back up with long power button presses, it would then just go to faint blue background illumination and get stuck there, not even the Google screen or "X" screen. Tried hard resets, long power button presses, display now only flashes between faint background illumination and total black every 5 seconds or so.

Called Google customer support this morning (called ASUS first, big mistake, dont waste your time) they didnt sound very surprised. Said they know of this type of issue with very early devices (ordered my Nexus day 1). Long story short, new one in the mail today. He mentioned that they are working on getting a fix out there for this problem, but its not ready yet. So if you were an early device purchaser, you may want to wait before installing 4.2, mine was the 8 GB version.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how widely used it is, but 4.2 breaks support for global Badge Notifications using MissedIt in conjunction with WidgetLocker & Nova Launcher Prime.
Developer probably needs to update for 4.2 changes. Not a bug with 4.2.

Nexus 7 bricked by 4.2! Replacement on the way.

My son played angry birds till the battery died and put it on the shelf without recharging.
I don't see how this is a 4.2 bug. Your kid ran the battery down to zero. :-\

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Developer probably needs to update for 4.2 changes. Not a bug with 4.2.

Ya I know but it was introduced as of 4.2.
Anyhow, it finally got fixed today after helping the Dev track down the problem.

I know global Badge Notification icons might seem like a small thing, but after getting use to it it's very difficult to go without them.

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have the "Beam did not complete" issue. I had a corporate email account but removed it, and have tried all sorts of combinations of wireless radios toggled. I can beam URLs, apps, directions, contacts, etc., but no pictures or videos. Always fails, big or small. 4.2.1 to 4.2.1 (Nexus 4s)

JJDigitized

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When changing the volume up/down now on the device, the pop-up showing the volume level no longer shows the slider moving.

The volume actually does change, and if I let the pop up fade and then hit the volume rocker again, it's updated to the new volume. The animation appears to no longer work.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seen the issue where you click the all-apps icon on the home screen, and the app drawer halts while drawing with the icons about 2x as big ... halts ... then picks up its transition animation literally 1-3 seconds later?

Part of the general lag issue, I suspect, but happens regularly in the same predictable way.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers