List your 4.2 bugs here

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
List your verifiable bugs here. Criteria for a verifiable bug are:

1. You can reproduce it at will.
  2. If it's intermittent, It has occurred twice in one day of use.
  3. You have a screenshot of it (or you can describe the issue explicitly). (How: hold down the PWR and VOL DOWN buttons simultaneously.)
  4. (optional) You can reproduce it on two devices (same kind, i.e. Nexus 7).

This is not a thread to ask questions; do that in a new thread. Please just list things that don't work after the 4.2 update, or to post to confirm another person's report (or just like their post). Not sure? Ask in another thread, you can always post here when you've determined you've got a bug. Failure to abide by this will result in a request that the mod remove your post.

Thanks! :cool:
[placeholder]

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll start. Under 4.1.2 I could beam an image directly from one N7 to another. Now, under 4.2, beaming fails.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Take a screenshot (hold down PWR and VOL DWN).
  2. Open the Gallery app (stock app).
  3. View the pic.
  4. Place the back of the N7 to another N7 or another 4.2 device which has multi-user enabled. You can be logged into either/any user on the receiving device.
  5. When beaming starts, tap the image on the sending N7.
  6. => On the receiving N7, a notificaiton coms up, "Preparing to beam...." After 30 seconds or so, the notification changes to "Beam did not complete." :(
  7. => Reversing the direction, i.e. beaming from a multi-user enabled device to a single-user device works fine!
Disconnecting both from the local Wi-Fi network did ... nothing. I've tried this by placing both N7s on the table next to each other (which worked in 4.1.2), and holding their backs to each other.

SOLVED: Having an ActiveSync ("Corporate") email account with EAS restrictions, on any user of the device, prevents receiving beaming. :(

Last edited:

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have one that's been on for as long as I've had my tablet.
1. Go to settings.
2. Tap Wi-Fi
3. Click the three dots at the top.
4. Tap 'Advanced'.
5. Set 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' to 'never'.

It will never listen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have one that's been on for as long as I've had my tablet.
1. Go to settings.
2. Tap Wi-Fi
3. Click the three dots at the top.
4. Tap 'Advanced'.
5. Set 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' to 'never'.

It will never listen.

I'm having the opposite issue. I want WiFi always on and now it seems to be disconnecting in sleep. I'm chalking it up to the "conserve battery" option they added and enabled by default in the WiFi settings.

Also, twice now, I've received a notification that I wasn't connected to Google services although a manual sync will work just fine. I think the problems are connected.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Amazon App Store won't stay logged in for me. Every time I reboot the N7, I have to log into Amazon App Store again before I can use any apps from there.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the opposite issue. I want WiFi always on and now it seems to be disconnecting in sleep. I'm chalking it up to the "conserve battery" option they added and enabled by default in the WiFi settings.

Also, twice now, I've received a notification that I wasn't connected to Google services although a manual sync will work just fine. I think the problems are connected.

This happens to me too, specifically with the calendar sync.

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Amazon just updated their app to correct that issue. See if you have an update for that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The only problem I have is the screen flicker when set to Auto Brightness. Easy fix I turned off Auto Brightness. I have not tried NFC. Will NFC work through a case? I have not tried beaming either but I think that should work with a case.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine is just jittery and is really annoying. Whenever I update and app it gets Extreme to the point where I have to restart the tablet and the last time I did it took me about a dozen times before it would turn back on..

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I have similar issue i get a "Error login the server" notification and touch "Try again" button nothing happen.
The error notification not coming up again after i clear ALL cache related to Google. Go to settings/app/all
and then clear all caches in the apps with the words "Google" and "gmail".

Hope this help, good luck !

SLo

gspam1

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Screen orientation lock no longer works. Screen will rotate whether in landscape or portrait. Worked fine before the 4.2 upgrade.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Amazon App Store won't stay logged in for me. Every time I reboot the N7, I have to log into Amazon App Store again before I can use any apps from there.

Amazon just updated their app to correct that issue. See if you have an update for that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
I couldn't get it to update so i sideloaded the latest version. Problem solved.

balus3u

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
screen flickering at low brightness or at auto brightness.
how: set the brightness to auto

launcher crashed a lot of times.
how : 4 or 5 widgets ,Wi-Fi on, chrome and pulse in background and open a game.

stick mount doesn't work even after the update.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
stick mount doesn't work even after the update.

Really? Are you sure you're still rooted?

[edit] : you might want to take a look at the recent comments on the stickmount play page... There are some suggestions for things to try to resolve the problem.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I have is the screen flicker when set to Auto Brightness. Easy fix I turned off Auto Brightness.

Another possible workaround for you:

I use an app called "Custom Auto Brightness" that allows me to customize the brightness levels at each light level, and also to adjust how quickly the screen responds to changes in brightness. I have it on my Thunderbolt because the standard auto brightness never reaches 0% nor 100% so the thing is blinding in the dark and useless in daylight. I have it on my Nexus 7 because the standard auto brightness is constantly making teeny little brightness adjustments (though it got better in 4.1.2, it got a lot worse in 4.2!) that drive me bonkers.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
RE: Amazon App updating

I couldn't get it to update so i sideloaded the latest version. Problem solved.

Same here. I just went to Amazon's site, had them email me the latest Amazon App Store link, and installed the new version over the old one. The "Check for Updates" built in to the Amazon App Store kept telling me I was on the latest version.

For giggles, I did the same thing on my old Thunderbolt. My 'bolt was running a 2.x release of the Amazon App Store (it's at 4.x now, so that "check for updates" has been lying to me for a long time).

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Can't make the album widget working. I select a specific album but the widget just keeps on waiting on something.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Google Music App skips/hesitates much more frequently. I just got back from vacation, driving from Idaho to San Diego, and back again. On the drive down, while still on 4.1.2, I had essentially no issues with skipping. While in San Diego, it updated to 4.2. I could hardly stand to listen to it, as it would skip/hesitate several times per song. I tried restarting, killing processes, even uninstalling apps that run processes in the background all the time. This is all while playing on-device music, streaming via bluetooth to the car stereo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781