T-Mobile or AT&T for your Nexus 7?

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think I just figured out that the $30, unlimited T-Mobile 4G plan won't work with Nexus 7 - which is very disappointing because it was something I truly looked forward to.
someone on XDA posted that the Nexus tablets have been flagged by T-mobile so it won't work with the $30 / month data plan and T-Mobile website has been down all day, phone calls to them have been dropped by the automated system. I have been sent on a goose chase by the representatives on the chat line... In the T-mobile store, I was assured that the $30 / month plan won't work with my Nexus 7 -

Now I have two choices with either AT&T or T-Mobile; both are basically the same price per GB...

T-mobile = $35.00 / 3.5GB
AT&T = $30 / 3.0 GB

Which Carrier would you go with and why? Is T-Mobile really that fast (if you can get the signal)? I had really be experiences with T-Mobile's cell and data coverage...

Please advise - cheers,

Last edited:

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile or AT&T for your Nexu 7?

Go with AT&T. You have better coverage and they really seem to work with you if you have a problem. They have waved several overages for me with just a phone call.
T-Mobile is charging $20 to $0 just for a sim card and just the $20 if they can get it. I just don't call that fair and equitable. Do You?

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

I had just had them put me on a share plan for 10$ a month. Since my wife and I together only use 2g for a pay period, sharing a 6gb data plan makes sense.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I think I'll go with AT&T. Better coverage and the device will come with the sim, saving me the trouble of getting and paying for the T_Mobile sim.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Thanks to all who replied....

I know totally remember why I dropped T-Mobile 4 years ago; the coverage sucked and I thought it would been better in the last four years... Well - it got better not by much and still is a horrible company; different pricing for a SIM card pending on location and the salesperson.... Website cannot be brought back up to sign up...

I just signed up with ATT... the speed test showed 4.86 Mbps.... almost twice the speed I get through my own wireless at home... I am happy...

I just threw away the T-Mobile SIM... enough is enough...

cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12