1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Live in Japan but Im American. Everything is being displayed in Japanese.

So the tablet itself is in all english because that is what I have the language set to, but everything in google play and/or external apps is in japanese and google play is displaying the prices in yen. I am pretty sure its basing the google play store off of my gps location, however if I turn off all gps and positining servies its still in japanese. How can I force it to be all american?

Thanks.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Default Re: Live in Japan but Im American. Everything is being displayed in Japanese.

Google play language is based on region. Not sure how to force it otherwise.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Live in Japan but Im American. Everything is being displayed in Japanese.

Anyone else?

Google Play has a Language settings drop-down widget in the Black Bar at the right bottom of the Play screen. It's there on ALL the screens within Play that I looked at. No idea if that will change the prices
    but the text changes.

Have no idea what OTHER places you mean

Global Posts
    1,282 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Couldn't you just change the language from the set up menu?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

@bigtroutz I have done this and it does not change the prices or the text. Still japanese.

@anothony I have changed it to english in the set up menu and still the same thing.

Just email Google support. That's your best option now. Looks like you've tried almost everything.

ROM
    Arctic HD

If you can't figure it out, look around. You may be able to root and find an American verizon of Google apps or something to install.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

play store 3.10 which was released 2 days ago has the translation. it will let you translate Japanese to english

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Jensen View Post
    So the tablet itself is in all english because that is what I have the language set to, but everything in google play and/or external apps is in japanese and google play is displaying the prices in yen. I am pretty sure its basing the google play store off of my gps location, however if I turn off all gps and positining servies its still in japanese. How can I force it to be all american?

Thanks.
    play store 3.10 which was released 2 days ago has the translation. it will let you translate Japanese to english