Live in Japan but Im American. Everything is being displayed in Japanese.

Kris Jensen

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So the tablet itself is in all english because that is what I have the language set to, but everything in google play and/or external apps is in japanese and google play is displaying the prices in yen. I am pretty sure its basing the google play store off of my gps location, however if I turn off all gps and positining servies its still in japanese. How can I force it to be all american?

Thanks.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Google Play has a Language settings drop-down widget in the Black Bar at the right bottom of the Play screen. It's there on ALL the screens within Play that I looked at. No idea if that will change the prices
but the text changes.

Have no idea what OTHER places you mean

Kris Jensen

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
@bigtroutz I have done this and it does not change the prices or the text. Still japanese.

@anothony I have changed it to english in the set up menu and still the same thing.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If you can't figure it out, look around. You may be able to root and find an American verizon of Google apps or something to install.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So the tablet itself is in all english because that is what I have the language set to, but everything in google play and/or external apps is in japanese and google play is displaying the prices in yen. I am pretty sure its basing the google play store off of my gps location, however if I turn off all gps and positining servies its still in japanese. How can I force it to be all american?

Thanks.

play store 3.10 which was released 2 days ago has the translation. it will let you translate Japanese to english

Google Play Store updated with new app install screen and more [Download] | Android Community

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol