Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MJKearney
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 or Nexus 10?

i would like to know, which is better for me the beginner, for nexus 7 or nexus 10? please thanks. i am mostly use web surf, read the manga, and even of course movie/anime.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 7 or Nexus 10?

I think you really like the nexus 10. only way I would suggest the 7, is if you need mobility. I wont get into the whole apps upscaling to fit the nexus 10, because that above my pay grade :-)

Here are a few things to consider:

PRICE:
    As a beginner, I'd recommend the Nexus 7. The price is much less, so if for some reason you end up not using the tablet much after a few months, at least you haven't spent as much money compared to buying the Nexus 10.

COMFORT LEVEL:
    Perhaps go to an electronics store that has both 10" and 7" tablets (not necessarily Nexus, but something similar in size) so you can hold the two and compare in terms of comfort.

I think the 7" form factor of the Nexus 7 is much more comfortable to hold and work with. For me it's not a matter of mobility, as my N7 never leaves the house. It's just a matter of ease of use. Since it's so comfortable to hold, I can hold it relatively close to my eyes for a couple hours while laying on the couch and watching a movie (and getting fatter). Since I can easily hold it close, I don't care that the screen is smaller compared to the 10" model. Plus, the pixel density and overall screen quality is excellent, so holding it close doesn't degrade what I'm watching.

USAGE:
    Since you indicated you won't be using it for creating things (documents, spreadsheets, drawings, etc.), but more for consumption (watching, listening and reading), the smaller form factor should be fine. If you were creating things, then perhaps the bigger screen would be better.

VALUE FOR THE MONEY:
    This is also subjective, but you'll get more bang for your buck with the N7. The user experience is excellent with the N7, as I'm sure would be the case with the Nexus 10. But the price! If I have a choice between two excellent experiences, I'll take the one that's a few hundred dollars (or whatever your currency) less. The only caveat to that is that the Nexus 10 might offer a higher quality build compared to the N7, but I've been perfectly happy with mine.
    Thanked by:
    cdf3 and map1978 like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Finally what i am looking for the answer, MJKearney! Thanks.

I never considered that I needed a tablet, as at home I use the desktop and traveling and in hotel rooms I use my laptop. I went with the seven because I can carry it in my jeans back pocket. That's handy in the mall, then when I'm tired of shopping and want to sit and wait on the wife I have something to do. I also use it for reading at night. I wouldn't want to continuously hold something bigger. Different for each, you just need to go with what you prefer.

The only reason I would get a ten-inch tablet would be if I lived in my house the whole day. I'd find it hard to carry such a big piece of technology.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

you really have to go to the store where they have the N7, and check it out. I went to staples yesterday and fell in love with it. It feels soooo comfortable in the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by greeman3 View Post
    I never considered that I needed a tablet, as at home I use the desktop and traveling and in hotel rooms I use my laptop. I went with the seven because I can carry it in my jeans back pocket. That's handy in the mall, then when I'm tired of shopping and want to sit and wait on the wife I have something to do. I also use it for reading at night. I wouldn't want to continuously hold something bigger. Different for each, you just need to go with what you prefer.
    Yes, we all use our devices differently, and there's no right or wrong way. It just depends on the individual and their usage patterns, size of hands, and tolerance for holding a slab of plastic, metal and glass in their hands for a certain period of time!

Since I got my N7 in July, I've been on my desktop computer about 90% less than normal. But that's simply because of how I tended to use my computer, which was mainly for Web, email, Gtalk, Skype, and watching occasional movies. The N7 proved to be an ideal substitute. Of course, for document creation, video, photo and slideshow editing, and more extensive web based research, I still sit at the computer, but that only occurs 10% of the time. So basically, the N7 completely changed the way I do my standard, daily communicating, browsing, and media consumption. And it's made me much lazier! Damn that Nexus 7!!

Carry it in your pocket? (Nexus 7)
    or not? (Nexus 10)