Google Play Credit

pjiffy

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 7 for over a week now, and just today, I'm reading about Google giving new owners ?15 credit in the Play Store. I've also seen mention of a free copy of the forth Bourne book, and one of the Transformer movies. There was no mention of any of this in the paperwork that came in the box. I bought mine from PC World (UK Computer superstore). Do you have to buy direct from Google to get the freebies, is there something I need to do, have they discontinued it, or am I simply seeing something that isn't there?

azhagan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 7 for over a week now, and just today, I'm reading about Google giving new owners ?15 credit in the Play Store. I've also seen mention of a free copy of the forth Bourne book, and one of the Transformer movies. There was no mention of any of this in the paperwork that came in the box. I bought mine from PC World (UK Computer superstore). Do you have to buy direct from Google to get the freebies, is there something I need to do, have they discontinued it, or am I simply seeing something that isn't there?

They stopped this promotion on September 30, 2012. If you bought after that, you do not get any of these promotional goodies.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It was a treat for early adopters, whose devices are now worth $50 less (or in the case of 8GB owners, are discontinued). Consider the Bourne book + credit + Transformers film vs. $50 of your own cash. If you have Netflix, you can find the Transformers movie there (it was so bad I couldn't even finish it).

Sonic Alpha

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I bought mine from PC World too, about 2 weeks ago. I got a few free books (no Bourne book though), and Transformers 3.

There was no mention of it in the box, but once I'd set up my Nexus with my Google account, the content showed up in the movies/books apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital