1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't Tether my Nexus 7 to my Iphone after Jellybean 4.2 update.

I have a Iphone 3gs and a Nexus 7 tablet. When I first bought the Nexus 7, I had Jellybean 4.1 on it and I was able to get on the internet by tethering my phone to the tablet. I would pair them up via bluetooth and then put my phone on as a hotspot. It worked fine until I updated my Jellybean to 4.2 and now it doesn't connect. Could someone let me know how this could be fixed or if they had the same problem.

Default Re: Can't Tether my Nexus 7 to my Iphone after Jellybean 4.2 update.

I'm having the same problem. I use Open Garden via blue tooth and its no longer working.

There's been lots of talk that the 4.2 update hosed up blue tooth. Lord of people using blue tooth speakers and headsets and tethering apps are complaining.

So I guess all I can say is welcome to the club.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

I can

Quote Originally Posted by skyrockett View Post
    I can
    YOU LIE!!!!

J/K

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

no it works pretty well. Want some screen shots

I have a Samsung nexus phone - got the 4.2 update, and Tethering over Wifi stopped working. I used to use it to connect my laptop to the internet when a free wifi isnt available nearby. Anybody has any solutions??

Quote Originally Posted by Pankaj Shroff View Post
    I have a Samsung nexus phone - got the 4.2 update, and Tethering over Wifi stopped working. I used to use it to connect my laptop to the internet when a free wifi isnt available nearby. Anybody has any solutions??
    I have found no solution. If you can, please report your issue here

The more people the report it, the better.... I think.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

I have a Galaxy Nexus with 4.2 and WiFi tethering stopped working too. However, if you remove security and choose "open" when setting up the tethering, it'll connect. Not exactly safe, but it worked for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please Google Inc. do something about this...I also facing the same problem after updating my Nexus 7 to 4.2.1...

FYI, Open Garden updated their app and it now it works for me. Crazy, I know, but it's working.

Thumbs up Re: Can't Tether my Nexus 7 to my Iphone after Jellybean 4.2 update.

Nexus 10 with Jelly Bean 4.2.1 no issue with Wi-Fi tethering. Check your hot spot/phone for restrictions like number of concurrent users or MAC address.

I had the same problem till this morning. I decided to reset my network settings on my iPhone and after i did that my Nexus 7 was able to see my iphone as a wifi network and Connect. I hope this helps!

I have the same problem HOWEVER; I have the Nexus 7 with 4.2.1 and an iPhone 4s. BOTH devices show they're connected to each other, but I can't surf anything on the Nexus. Any thoughts?

Jailbreak your iPhone 4s...it takes less than 5 min

same here ... bluetooth on iphone no longer recognized Nexus 7 as legitimate device