will there be another

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am looking forward to the next N7, and unless Google completely disappoints me, I already have plans to buy it! Along with faster processor, etc, that is typically for any update, I'd like to see a 4g option, rear camera, higher resolution display, maybe thinner, and better build quality. I've loved the N7 so far and really look forward to it getting better and better with time.

Edit: I'd also like a notification light!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hdmi is not very convenient! Never was and never will be(on mobile devices) Wireless streaming is way to go! What's the point of having tablet next to TV when you can sit in the couch and choose what to play?

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
With Miracast you need a Miracast receiver, whereas almost every TV already has a HDMI port. And I would rather keep the Wi-Fi bandwidth available for Wi-Fi, not clog it up by sending pictures to my TV where a cable would work perfectly well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

The point of a tablet is to be wireless. I don't even like to use a USB cable to my desktop to do file transfers.
Why is everybody talking about the hardware, when the software is clearly the big problem?

It didn't even come with a file manager. When I plug it into the desktop it doesn't act like a regular flash drive.
The whole OTG cable thing that I can't buy in a store is for the birds. (ok so that's HW related.)
It should have come with SW to serve using DLNA like Wild media server or media player does on my desktop. (Bubble app on N7 doesn't recognize my Sony Bravia TV)

I've replaced almost every native app with duplicates from the play store because of some screwed up or lacking feature.
I'm also unhappy because I can't actually delete the bad SW from the system to free up space. (Without rooting)

If they fix this on the next one I'll be happy. Or give me a device with an OS, but no apps and $50 to the play store if they don't want to hire good developers.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The point of a tablet is to be wireless. I don't even like to use a USB cable to my desktop to do file transfers.
You should take what I said in context to what I replied to, you might want wireless, but I was giving my reason to prefer the wired option. Most cases I prefer wireless myself, but I would prefer wired to connect a display.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
and Apple and Acer and others. Each big name manufacturer will make everything (or at least put their name on one made by another) just like they always have as the granularity of computational devices increases. Look at how many sizes/capabilities laptops come in now for an example.

Apple is not a manufacturer - nearly all of their stuff (iPhones, iPads, laptops, etc) are manufactured by FoxConn in China. On a plus side, they've recently been improving worker conditions some, so fewer of their workers will commit suicide, yay! Plus Google and Apple are mostly rivals in mobile devices, so Apple has no reason to have anything to do with a Nexus or Android device.

Acer would be a possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalMcclain