Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default will there be another

Just wondering. I'm ready to see the next nexus 7 next year. What could Google do to make it better?
    Privacy is overrated :P

Default Re: will there be another

There can be only one...
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    MaddSkillz likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    There can be only one...
    Why do you say that? I feel like they would eventually refresh a product that did well.
    Privacy is overrated :P

imo, the nexus 7 has hit the tablet device sweet spot.

New processors, new Android version, more RAM, denser screen res, better communication, etc all will be incremental improvements on the basic pocketable/transportable/handholdable size tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    Why do you say that? I feel like they would eventually refresh a product that did well.
    It's just a reference to the movie Highlander. Who wants to live forever?
    MrVivekB likes this.

Hell. I'd be thrilled if they left Asus out of the picture for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by CCIFA View Post
    Hell. I'd be thrilled if they left Asus out of the picture for the next one.
    there are only two big player in the tablet space. Asus and samsung. leaving them would be a big mistake.

asus should make Nexus7 2 and samsung Nexus10 2

and Apple and Acer and others. Each big name manufacturer will make everything (or at least put their name on one made by another) just like they always have as the granularity of computational devices increases. Look at how many sizes/capabilities laptops come in now for an example.

They could add a micro HDMI port.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Guzzi View Post
    They could add a micro HDMI port.
    Miracast support?

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

With that agreement with apple HTC could seriously pull this off and not get sued I would love to see a 7 inch Droid DNA type device with 32 gigs

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

Default will there be another

They should add a camera. I know some people may say a tablet doesn't need a camera, but I find it very convenient on my iPad and Tab 10.1.
    If someone gives me a check, I'm unable to deposit the check into my bank account using my Nexus 7, because I'm unable to take a photo of the check and upload it to my bank account. I have to use my phone, or one of my other tablets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    1812dave likes this.

I expect that once the market for 7" tablets gets going, you will see a whole range of family-related-models ranging from basic to all the extras....
    Just like you do now with laptops from somebody like Acer, Dell or HP.

Have you defrosted your turkey yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    Miracast support?
    Yea to me, that is a big feature that is missing on the N7. As far as miracast support? That would be awesome, and supposedly supported with the 4.2 upgrade of Jellybean, but there are no compatible devices yet.....very disappointing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    JB

The "next" Nexus 7 could have a micro HDMI port and rear camera. That would be the only things that I can think of to keep the price down and add tons of value for this little powerhouse. Being so portable I keep wanting the rear camera more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by pbelfi View Post
    Yea to me, that is a big feature that is missing on the N7. As far as miracast support? That would be awesome, and supposedly supported with the 4.2 upgrade of Jellybean, but there are no compatible devices yet.....very disappointing!

Yeah, I guess what I meant my post to mean was... With Miracast, would there be a need for the HDMI out?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    It's just a reference to the movie Highlander. Who wants to live forever?
    I want to live, Forever...... (theme song?)
    Maxwell was the 1st "Smart" phone user......

Google is famous for their experimentation. They love to try new things, and they aren't bashful about canning them if they don't work out.

I'd like them to experiment with the Nexus 7 line. While I do enjoy my Nexus 7, it doesn't fit me perfectly. I'd like some more options available, instead of the "one size fits all" attitude. Lets see some different options available for the Nexus 7 for those who want to get the exact Nexus that fits them perfectly. The risk for Google and their partners is that they dont sell some models as easily as they do their cookie cutter version.

I'd like to be able to mix and match the options that suite me best, kind of like when you buy a brand new car:
    - (Obviously) different storage options, 16, 32, 64, etc. I can understand why they dont want to add micro sd options and I can live with that if they drastically increase onboard storage capacity.
    - both forward and back facing cameras
    - better video out options (miracast support, hdmi port, etc)
    - 2gb ram
    - 3g/4g (cellular) options
    - usb port with mhl support
    - replaceable battery

I come from a pc computer background and a long time ago I used to be really into gaming. My pc was never really finished, I was always upgrading it. That's why I love pc's and miss that aspect in these tablets. With my pc I could go out and buy whatever amount of ram I wanted and have an instant upgrade. I could replace the slow tiny hard drive with a giant fast one. I could install a super crazy video card, etc etc.
    FApple

Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    Yeah, I guess what I meant my post to mean was... With Miracast, would there be a need for the HDMI out?
    With Miracast you need a Miracast receiver, whereas almost every TV already has a HDMI port. And I would rather keep the Wi-Fi bandwidth available for Wi-Fi, not clog it up by sending pictures to my TV where a cable would work perfectly well.

Rear facing camera.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    I want to live, Forever...... (theme song?)
    That was a song by Queen featured on the soundtrack.

I am looking forward to the next N7, and unless Google completely disappoints me, I already have plans to buy it! Along with faster processor, etc, that is typically for any update, I'd like to see a 4g option, rear camera, higher resolution display, maybe thinner, and better build quality. I've loved the N7 so far and really look forward to it getting better and better with time.

Edit: I'd also like a notification light!

Last edited by mysterygirl; 11-19-2012 at 01:17 PM.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Hdmi is not very convenient! Never was and never will be(on mobile devices) Wireless streaming is way to go! What's the point of having tablet next to TV when you can sit in the couch and choose what to play?
    pbelfi and MJKearney like this.

Quote Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
    With Miracast you need a Miracast receiver, whereas almost every TV already has a HDMI port. And I would rather keep the Wi-Fi bandwidth available for Wi-Fi, not clog it up by sending pictures to my TV where a cable would work perfectly well.

The point of a tablet is to be wireless. I don't even like to use a USB cable to my desktop to do file transfers.
    Why is everybody talking about the hardware, when the software is clearly the big problem?

It didn't even come with a file manager. When I plug it into the desktop it doesn't act like a regular flash drive.
    The whole OTG cable thing that I can't buy in a store is for the birds. (ok so that's HW related.)
    It should have come with SW to serve using DLNA like Wild media server or media player does on my desktop. (Bubble app on N7 doesn't recognize my Sony Bravia TV)

I've replaced almost every native app with duplicates from the play store because of some screwed up or lacking feature.
    I'm also unhappy because I can't actually delete the bad SW from the system to free up space. (Without rooting)

If they fix this on the next one I'll be happy. Or give me a device with an OS, but no apps and $50 to the play store if they don't want to hire good developers.
    Tervz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tflash View Post
    The point of a tablet is to be wireless. I don't even like to use a USB cable to my desktop to do file transfers.
    You should take what I said in context to what I replied to, you might want wireless, but I was giving my reason to prefer the wired option. Most cases I prefer wireless myself, but I would prefer wired to connect a display.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast