Does multi user allow multiple lock screen passwords

Nicholas Campbell

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a nexus and my girlfriend wants to use it.

Not particularly keen on her seeing my facebook etc, so want to know I can lock my user account before I agree to let her use it.

so if i log out, and she logs in, i want to know she can log straight back int my nexus profile - and look at my emails, facebook etc.

Many Thanks

Nicholas Campbell

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Theres certainly stuff on there I wouldn't want my girlfriend seeing! private chats etc ...

but I mean generally I dnt like her seeing what I browse, download, who/what I mean... I'm a private guy so I would only let her use it if I could lock my user account on nexus.

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I know she's "just your girlfriend", and that differs in many ways from having a wife, but after 23 years of marriage, the concept of keeping secrets from my wife is completely foreign to me. This obviously doesn't answer your question, but it is advice to keep in the back of your mind for later on....

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a nexus and my girlfriend wants to use it.

Not particularly keen on her seeing my facebook etc, so want to know I can lock my user account before I agree to let her use it.

so if i log out, and she logs in, i want to know she can log straight back int my nexus profile - and look at my emails, facebook etc.

Many Thanks

To answer your actual question... Yes. I have an account named " Guest" set up on my N7 and he does not have a login pin. My account does have a pin.

The lock screen asks me to choose a user. If I choose Guest, it goes straight to the launcher. If I choose my account, I have to enter my pin before I get to my account.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
To better answer your question, stop hiding things from your girlfriend and you wouldn't have a problem

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)