- 11 Posts
Charging Nexus 7 - AC / USB
I found out that in the battery settings the message when charging differs; 'charging (usb)' or 'charging (AC).
The strange thing is that these two messages show up when I charge it the same way. USB cable to adapter that came with the nexus to a standard electrical outlet.
I had the impression that charging went much quicker when it said 'AC' yesterday and it's charging very slowly at the moment saying 'USB' in the same set up.
Can anyone clarify the difference?
- 11-19-2012, 11:41 AM #2
- 1,605 Posts
Re: Charging Nexus 7 - AC / USB
Most devices that want more than the low power available from a standard USB port will fall back to a slower USB charging mode if the device they are hooked up to is a USB port or low-powered charger to prevent overloading the charger with the additional current drain.
If the data pins are shorted, that tells the Nexus it is dealing with a dedicated charger and can pull a lot more power.
If you have a dedicated charger with shorted data pins and you are still charging at USB speeds, you might have a bad cable, or the detection went wrong for some reason.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central ForumsPhones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
- 11-19-2012, 01:57 PM #3
- By AkumaX in forum Sprint LG MarqueeReplies: 4Last Post: 02-22-2012, 03:21 PM
- By DirkBelig in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 11-30-2010, 05:59 PM
- By justravis in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 1Last Post: 11-18-2010, 03:27 PM
- By jaekim717 in forum Fascinate AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-19-2010, 04:04 PM
- By TurboCam in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 13Last Post: 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM