Google Now is Disabled - how to enable again?

tshrira

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
i just Disabled my Google now on my Nexus 7 4.2 by mistake ,
i can't find anyway to enable it again, it is not shown in the menu setting like it was before...
and i can't find it anywhere since its Disappeared :-\:
please fast answer will be Appreciated.
thx
tomer

gspam1

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to your apps and select Google. The menu button is in the lower right corner. Select Settings and turn Google Now on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Settings--->apps
Make sure all apps is what you are on, check the top of the screen
Scroll to the bottom of the list and it will be there

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

tshrira

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What app should i look for ?
there is no app called "google now" ...on the settings>apps>all

tshrira

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The google search works fine it was enabled , my issue is the "google now" feature that disappeared from there and i want to enabled it ...
Thx

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The google search works fine it was enabled , my issue is the "google now" feature that disappeared from there and i want to enabled it ...
Thx

Google now is Google search it is not its own separate app. For example :

If I click the search box on my sgs3 or if I long press the menu button, Google now shows up with a search box. In addition, if I go to the play store and type in Google now, Google search will be my top search result. They are the same thing.

Maybe you should do that. Go to the play store, type in Google now, click on Google search and tell me what the top buttons are (I get uninstall and open

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

tshrira

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all , have just solved it be installing again google search from google play .
:)

Chostel

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem and just figured out how to fix it. Go to settings, then apps. In the upper right corner there are three dots. Press the three dots and select reset app preferences then reset apps. After that go back to google search screen and when you select settings there is an option to activate google now.

let me know if this works

Nikos

wfaulk

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
How to reenable Google Now or access search settings in Android 4.2:

Bring up the regular Google Search (by, for example, swiping up from the home button).

Dismiss the keyboard by pressing the back button. (This is the non-obvious part.)

Now you can see the three-dot menu icon at the bottom of the screen. Press it to access the search menu, including the settings option. You should be able to figure it out from there.

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
How to reenable Google Now or access search settings in Android 4.2:

Bring up the regular Google Search (by, for example, swiping up from the home button).

Dismiss the keyboard by pressing the back button. (This is the non-obvious part.)

Now you can see the three-dot menu icon at the bottom of the screen. Press it to access the search menu, including the settings option. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Then press Google Now, and then switch it back to on.

Tony Kolev

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same issue: disabled Google Now and now can not find the way to enable it.
It does not appears in Google Search app settings, also resetting apps settings did not help.

How to enable it?
It is mystery!

Tony Kolev

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I like to press Google Now, and then switch it back to on, but it does not appears in that menu!!!

The only way that worked for me: cear data, uninstall updates, disable, enable and update from Google Play.

My phone is: Galaxy Nexus with last version (Android 4.2.1) original image from Google.

Last edited:

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine got disabled and I re-enabled it using the above procedure.

But why did it get disabled? I didn't deliberately do it.

Alan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance