Notifacation bug? PROBLEM SOLVED

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought I had read in a post about problems with the notifications not showing up for apps in the note/bar.

Is there a bug where app notification alerts to the upper left bar do not work now with 4.2? I did change a few various settings last week messing around with several things, I am not sure any changes I made were the cause or not. I can go to the play store and see the updates as it scans my downloaded apps though.

Is there a global app notification on/off setting some where? I have most apps set to give me notifications in each app setting but they are not showing up in the bar alert. I am not rooted and running totally stock.

Last edited:

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Notifacation bug?

Settings---> Apps, under Device---> Click on soon-to-be-gone app---> Un-tick 'Show Notifications'
uploadfromtaptalk1353435750927.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Settings---> Apps, under Device---> Click on soon-to-be-gone app---> Un-tick 'Show Notifications'

Eduardo.....sorry I am not sure if I understand what your saying about " under Device".....and "soon to be gone app". Or maybe you did not understand what I am asking about.

I have the "Show Notifications" boxes checked on most of my apps so I can get the notifications sent to my pull down bar show below. I am not getting any notifications sent to that bar now with 4.2 update. But if i go to the google store....it shows I have updates ready to be installed for various apps.

notifacation.jpg

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Eduardo.....sorry I am not sure if I understand what your saying about " under Device".....and "soon to be gone app". Or maybe you did not understand what I am asking about.

I have the "Show Notifications" boxes checked on most of my apps so I can get the notifications sent to my pull down bar show below. I am not getting any notifications sent to that bar now with 4.2 update. But if i go to the google store....it shows I have updates ready to be installed for various apps.

View attachment 47631

If you go to Google Play Store---> Three small dots---> Settings, 'Notifications' might have been disabled on your device. Sorry for my first comment as I misunderstood your problem.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

This morning I finally got several notifications showing up in the the pull down bar. I think there was some problem with the play store for several days possibly.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Problem source ID'd.

This happened to me after the 4.1.2 update, I think it happens when you use the Google Services Framework clear data + force stop trick to try and force the update.

Apparently, some users have found that after installing the Android 4.2 update, the Google Play Store won't be able to update apps and will keep giving an error, which reads that the update couldn't be downloaded because of an error.

Luckily, there is an easy fix if you've come across this problem. It seems that it's a problem with the Google Account information, so all you have to do is go into Settings>Accounts, delete your Google account, then reboot your device, and re-enter your Google account info. Simple as that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC