Google Now won't show package tracking

eee123

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had my nexus 7 for a few days now. At first I had a package tracking number card in there that it found in my gmail.

That was delivered so I removed it. Now I have another package en route. The associated email/tracking number is in gmail. But it won't show up in google now. I've even searched 'usps tracking (number)' in google now. Still no card.

Is there a way to make it show up?

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If you figure it out, let me know. I've had several emails arrive in my GMail with tracking numbers present and I've never seen the tracking card. (And now most have been delivered, so I doubt I'll see it.

azhagan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If you figure it out, let me know. I've had several emails arrive in my GMail with tracking numbers present and I've never seen the tracking card. (And now most have been delivered, so I doubt I'll see it.

Same with me. My Nexus 7 arrived today, and I never received a card on my Galaxy Nexus.

eee123

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Glad it's not just me. I'm not seeing the usefulness of Google Now at this point other than to show off at parties. I've watched the demonstration videos on youtube and don't see too much I'd use it for.

The two cards up on my screen are Chicago Bears recent results/next game, and local weather. As a sports fan, the bears one is not that useful, since I already know the info. The weather one is also not all that useful.

I have a trip coming up with flight/hotel confirmations in the email, but those don't show up. Maybe they'll do so when the date gets a little closer.

I can't get a card to show up for my (mid-major) NCAA alma mater, because I guess it's not mainstream enough for google to care.

DannyDefinit

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Google Now tracks my shipped packages from Amazon, but ironically didn't track my Nexus 7 3G ordered from the Google Play Store, despite having the UPS tracking number in the confirmation email. :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I had it pop up with shipping information and stuff when I ordered my case and otg cable from Amazon, but when I ordered a hard drive from new egg I didn't get anything. Who knows

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
+1 the card showed up for a package ordered from amazon, but not for portenzo case ordered directly from their website. So.... Only amazon so far.

Nexus 7

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So, it currently looks like Google is parsing Amazon shipping notices correctly, but other merchants not so well. Too bad... if it were to work seamlessly, it would be a great addition.

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's not just me. I'm not seeing the usefulness of Google Now at this point other than to show off at parties. I've watched the demonstration videos on youtube and don't see too much I'd use it for.

The two cards up on my screen are Chicago Bears recent results/next game, and local weather. As a sports fan, the bears one is not that useful, since I already know the info. The weather one is also not all that useful.

I have a trip coming up with flight/hotel confirmations in the email, but those don't show up. Maybe they'll do so when the date gets a little closer.

I can't get a card to show up for my (mid-major) NCAA alma mater, because I guess it's not mainstream enough for google to care.

It doesn't appear that Google Now supports any collegiate-level sports at this time. If you go to the configuration of the sports card, it only allows professional level teams to be selected. With that said, it would have been fantastic had they integrated the sports options from Google's own (now defunct) Scoreboard app. It allowed a plethora of sports to be tracked!

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So, it currently looks like Google is parsing Amazon shipping notices correctly, but other merchants not so well. Too bad... if it were to work seamlessly, it would be a great addition.

I've had three Amazon packages shipped and arrive since I updated to 4.2 with a fourth Amazon package shipped out and on its way for Monday delivery yet I haven't gotten a single card from Google Now about any of them!

I've checked the settings. Its supposed to display. everything is "a go" on my end yet GNow won't display a single shipping card.

This feature is a glitchy hit or miss.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have come to find out that it actually does work for eBay! I haven't tried anything else, but i do know that the card will not show up unless you click on the email with the confirmation number inside of it (I also loaded up the images just to make sure and rule out everything!) Hope this helps everyone!

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in and confirm that my Nexus 4 order that shipped yesterday still won't show in Google Now via the Package Tracking feature. Pretty much everything else does. At first I thought it was because I have a separate folder for Play Store stuff, but all of my Amazon stuff goes to it's own folder as well, and Now has no issues picking up on those shipment confirmation emails.

Pretty disappointing. I know it hasn't been out that long, but it HAS been out long enough for them to tweak the way it scans for those emails. That has to be the reason. Email formatting or something.

My Nexus 4 will be on my doorstep in a few hours and I guess I'll just keep opening up the tracking on my PC here until then.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
there is no third party integration with google now. its purely google service just like gmail app

And I assume, of course, that this does not work with integrated apps for airlines and flight notifications like the AA app, etc. So, what perplexes me is how does one allow the Google Now app to track a flight? By using integrated Chrome browser to search a flight schedule for the exact date and time of my departing flight?

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it relies on certain pre-programmed logic of what kind of tracking number it looks for - so there may be some lag when UPS or FedEx come up with a new numbering format. You might notice google search act the same way when punching in a tracking number with some instantly recognized and others not so much.

I buy alot of stuff online and I'd say it has about an 80% effective rate from what I have seen.