1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgrade from Acer Iconia A500?

Hello everyone. I'm currently using and for the most part, happy with my Acer Iconia A500. I'm using it stock with ICS. Has anybody else upgraded to the Nexus 7? Was it worth it? Or should I save my money for a better 7" google tablet down the road?

I do get stuttering in apps from time to time and video playback gets some minor stuttering too. I'm assuming the Nexus 7 would perform better with the Tegra 3 chip?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!
    I loved my EVO 4G & 3D and really loved my Samsung Galaxy Nexus...but I adore my Nexus 4!! No going back for me!

Default Re: Upgrade from Acer Iconia A500?

, it doesn't look to great. I'm using mine, and as I type, I'm telling you I can't imagine there being something better, for only $200.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I have both an A100 and an A500. The Nexus 7 is definitely faster and smoother than the A500, especially since the stock ICS update for the A500 is associated with the homescreens freezing up from time to time, requiring reboot. I still like the A500's screen size and image quality, which makes it somewhat better as a laptop substitute when traveling (in conjunction with a BT keyboard) if you're going to type a lot. And the A500 does have the advantage of having HDMI out, a full size USB port, and a microSD slot. But for day to day usage, I'm primarily playing with the Nexus 7, because of size and performance.

I switched in August and have not looked back. I find the nexus 7 easier to play games on. The 7" screen works well with books' comics, and web browsing.

I had a A500 prior. The biggest reason for the switch was the bug that prevented the autorotate from working.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the feedback, every one.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    I loved my EVO 4G & 3D and really loved my Samsung Galaxy Nexus...but I adore my Nexus 4!! No going back for me!

Im currently in the process of trying to sale my a200. For the most part it has been a great ics device. Definitely nowhere as smooth as the N7 but worked well for my needs. Honestly I'll miss the 10in screen and the vibration. That's about it though. Portability and always having the latest OS out weights the former.