1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GrooveIP

I have loaded this App and it works for local calls. I have the Google Voice set up right, I assume. But I can't make internatonal calls because I don't have any credits. I set up Google Voice a long time ago on my phone and stopped it because I couldn't figure out how to make it work. I must have screwed something up because I can't figure out how to buy credits from my Nexus 7. Do I need to configure a phone before it will work on the Nexus 7? I would like to try this for my wife to call the Philippines but I can't figure it out. I have Googled the hell out of this question and none of the options appear for my account. If this is a redundant post, please point me to the right thread.

Default Re: GrooveIP

Go to . Log in to your account if it doesn't log you in automatically. Click the "Add $10.00 credit" link. You'll need a Google Wallet account and a credit card registered with that account, which you likely already have if you've purchased from the Play Store.
    Thanked by:

Google Voice dont have a dedicated dialer but it uses the phones dialer. It also uses phones minutes rather than data.

Google voice is not a voip service but a forwarding service.

since nexus 7 dont have a phone dialer it wont let you make calls from Nexus 7.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Google Voice dont have a dedicated dialer but it uses the phones dialer. It also uses phones minutes rather than data.
    Google voice is not a voip service but a forwarding service.
    since nexus 7 dont have a phone dialer it wont let you make calls from Nexus 7.
    Sorry Still, but I don't think that's true, at least not your last sentence. Or maybe I just didn't understand your post. Using the GrooveIP app as an interface that the OP refers to, you most certainly can use the N7 as a phone. How do I know? Because I've done it! Hook up a Bluetooth headset and you've got yourself a hands free phone, making free calls in the USA and Canada, and cheap calls elsewhere.

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

Google Voice does work as a Voip service. I use it over wifi with GrooveIP anytime we visit the in laws. I have absolutely no cell service there. It uses your Google Voice number instead of cellular.

If the broadband connection is stable, it works fantastic.

And yes, groove IP has its own dialer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    Sorry Still, but I don't think that's true, at least not your last sentence. Or maybe I just didn't understand your post. Using the GrooveIP app as an interface that the OP refers to, you most certainly can use the N7 as a phone. How do I know? Because I've done it! Hook up a Bluetooth headset and you've got yourself a hands free phone, making free calls in the USA and Canada, and cheap calls elsewhere.
    I think you didnt understand my post
    My last sentence was about making calls via Google voice in nexus 7. I dont think you will be able to make calls via google voice in nexus 7 because there is no in build dialer in GVoice.

and about Groove Ip I agree with you that you can make calls with it. I am not denying that.

I think Op was asking more about making calls using Google Voice in nexus 7
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I think you didnt understand my post
    My last sentence was about making calls via Google voice in nexus 7. I dont think you will be able to make calls via google voice in nexus 7 because there is no in build dialer in GVoice.
    and about Groove Ip I agree with you that you can make calls with it. I am not denying that.
    I think Op was asking more about making calls using Google Voice in nexus 7
    Ok, I understand what you were saying. Yes, Google Voice by itself can't be used for calling with the N7. But since the OP titled his own post "GrooveIP", I thought you knew that was what he was referring to, even though he didn't mention it in the body of his post, which did make it a little confusing.

No big deal though. In the end, I think I answered his question, but I'm not sure because we haven't heard back from him yet!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    Ok, I understand what you were saying. Yes, Google Voice by itself can't be used for calling with the N7. But since the OP titled his own post "GrooveIP", I thought you knew that was what he was referring to, even though he didn't mention it in the body of his post, which did make it a little confusing.

No big deal though. In the end, I think I answered his question, but I'm not sure because we haven't heard back from him yet!
    Thanks for your help. I will give it a shot tonight. And you are correct, I'm talking about making calls with GrooveIP.

Update: l just followed the link and it was simple. Thanks again.