Nexus 7 Black Friday deal? Where??

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm amazed that the Nexus 7 has practically no deals announced for this black friday season. From what I can tell, stores are advertising the new tablet at the price announced by google. 16GB for $200 and the 32GB for $250. Obviously the tablet is a steal at those prices alone, I just thought we'd see some black friday bundles that included accessories or google play money.

The only "deal" I see is $20 off the 32GB at Office Depot.

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 Black Friday deal??? Where????

When price is just above cost to manufacture or wherever the nexus 7 falls there just isn't the margin for deals...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm amazed that the Nexus 7 has practically no deals announced for this black friday season. From what I can tell, stores are advertising the new tablet at the price announced by google. 16GB for $200 and the 32GB for $250. Obviously the tablet is a steal at those prices alone, I just thought we'd see some black friday bundles that included accessories or google play money.

The only "deal" I see is $20 off the 32GB at Office Depot.

With the existing margins on the Nexus 7, every day is Black Friday. ;)

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

There's no reason to make a Black Friday deal for the Nexus 7 if retailers can't keep them on the shelf at regular pricing.

If you notice, the Black Friday tablets are all "no-name" tablets.

Some stores are doing bundles, that if you buy X and a Nexus 7 you'll get a Google Play card.

comandoed

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Radio Schack had it for 249 - 20 with RMN20 coupon code but it doesnt seem to be working now.
Office Depot will charge me the approx 9/10% city and state tax.
Gonna wait till Monday to see if discount pops up somewhere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Radio Schack had it for 249 - 20 with RMN20 coupon code but it doesnt seem to be working now.
Office Depot will charge me the approx 9/10% city and state tax.
Gonna wait till Monday to see if discount pops up somewhere.

Radio Shack has this deal, but it's not as great as it sounds. Read the fine print:

RadioShack.com

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I wasn't expecting any big discounts either, these days BF is more of a non-event than ever at retail stores unless you camp out for one of the handful of door busters. Online stores usually sell their Nexus 7 stock pretty quick and have even less incentive to discount it (many won't even sell the 16GB version online, I imagine the margins aren't worth keeping it in stock).

I'm surprised Office Depot ran that deal at all, tax kinda kills it when I can just order it off Newegg for like $2 more (free two day shipping with Shoprunner). I'll probably do just that on Monday, since I'm giving one to my sister for Christmas. The Play store would've probably crashed for half the day if Google actually ran a deal on it themselves, and that was the most realistic scenario.

Still, they could at least have restored the $25 Play store credit with new Nexus 7's, would have probably helped move a lot of them and create some buzz without really costing them much.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Even on Black Friday people bought the cheaper tablets AND the ipad mini while the a stack of the Nexus 7 remained on stock. That was kind of disheartening to see as an N7 owner.

Sent from a tablet on a crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Even on Black Friday people bought the cheaper tablets AND the ipad mini while the a stack of the Nexus 7 remained on stock. That was kind of disheartening to see as an N7 owner.

Why? I didn't buy my N7 because I thought it would be popular and I'd be some sort of hipster icon, nor did I buy it because I wanted to be some sort of iconoclast. I bought it because (even at $250 for the 16GB model; I bought mine pre-price-drop) it was a fan-freaking-tastic deal on a high-performing 7-inch fondleslab of pure power, and a Nexus at that.

If other people want to spend $50 less and get a "Maggikz 8GB Super-Ultra-Tayblet" that will break in a week, hey, money from their pocket, fondleslab in their hands. Alternatively, if they are convinced that "iPad = tablet, everything else = cutting board", their money, their chosen toy.

I have been extremely pleased with my toy, and I hope others are equally pleased with theirs - no matter what brand they chose or what criteria they used to choose it.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I've been poking around looking for a Black Friday deal on a Nexus 7 (16GB) as well. Kind of surprising there's nothing out there for the 16GB model... suppose the way to go is to buy direct from Google as I had originally planned!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Picked up the 32GB at office depot this morning. It is charging and I decided to come check out the forum. Looking forward to it.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I've been poking around looking for a Black Friday deal on a Nexus 7 (16GB) as well. Kind of surprising there's nothing out there for the 16GB model... suppose the way to go is to buy direct from Google as I had originally planned!

Compared to the cost of anything else out there, the N7 is always on a black Friday special price. If you want the full experience, stand out next to a store for six hours in the middle of the night some other night and get into a fistfight with a stranger randomly on the street at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Good point. The price is already pretty darn solid as is... and standing in line isn't my thing.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Picked up the 32GB at office depot this morning. It is charging and I decided to come check out the forum. Looking forward to it.

Let me know how it goes... I'm going to crack at some point today, or this weekend... and order one.

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Sent from a tablet on a crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

Don't know where on earth do you live but here at OD and staples they are out of Nexus 7, at OD they had the 16g package for $249 with screen protector, case and stylus but were sold out of both 16 and 32, same at Staples near me.

Sent from planet earth

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Don't know where on earth do you live but here at OD and staples they are out of Nexus 7, at OD they had the 16g package for $249 with screen protector, case and stylus but were sold out of both 16 and 32, same at Staples near me.

Sent from planet earth

I live in Plano. I checked the office depot website for some stores that had it in stock as the one nearest my house did not. Was able to drive about 6 miles away to a store that had 7 of the 32 GB models in stock. The website will tell who which stores have stock.

JamesC1119

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

I live in socal and bought a 16gb model a couple of days ago at office depot and had the screen issue and was able to swap it out today and they still had more in stock.

stoneysilence

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
When looking through the ads yesterday I saw somebody had the 32gb model for $229. Only sale I saw. I already own a 16gb so I decided didn't pay attention to whose ad it was. Think it was staples.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt