Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Am I the only one who loves 4.2?

I like it. I love getting updates in general though.
    First time Android user coming from iOS. Owner of a Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by adamfrayne182 View Post
    I like it. I love getting updates in general though.
    Me too :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7

I've got 4.2 on my Nexus 4 and 7 and I think I like it more on my Nexus 4 than I do my 7. The way the notifications work on the Nexus 7 in landscape are kind of annoying but nothing I can't deal with. Photo spheres are pretty awesome. The new clock font I could do without but I don't have to see it since I took the lock screen widget off. Otherwise I think this is a nice update.
    Wait. I don't really like the new smaller icons on the dock for my Nexus 7. But that's just a minor gripe and nothing more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Finally, some satisfied customers! I'm very grateful for this update as it brought this amazing new keyboard. It's very useful when um typing with one finger. The only suggestion I'd make would be to have shortcuts legitimately function. Maybe I misunderstood what 'shortcut' means. I'm talking about the shortcuts you can set for your personal dictionary.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo06sp View Post
    Finally, some satisfied customers! I'm very grateful for this update as it brought this amazing new keyboard. It's very useful when um typing with one finger. The only suggestion I'd make would be to have shortcuts legitimately function. Maybe I misunderstood what 'shortcut' means. I'm talking about the shortcuts you can set for your personal dictionary.

I like it now that I figured out how to fix my issues. And it pretty much came down to be the fault of third party apps, not android. For instance, the lag that I had with nova launcher does not exist on the stock launcher. And by the way, the new keyboard is actually better than Swype.

just got my nexus 7 today and loving it! playing tekken 3 using ps emulator - just amazing!! goes perfect with my Gnex

had a few issues this morning what I've called a blackout, the screen just goes dead and I have to pop the back of and battery out a pain in the **** that's for sure.

Anyway I'd had enough to day and ive done a full factory reset, must say I'm glad I did now there honestly has to be something wrong with the first over the update, because as soon as the phone had rebooted the first thing to to see was the fonts were so clear, the launcher was so smooth, this is what my update last week should have been instead of the bug ridden April jelly fools day release of last week.

I know its a pain but just maybe my advice to people who have just updated that before you reinstated all your apps following your first ota do I full factory reset all most like sealing the update in cementing the changes into the os.

it's worked for me.

I am having major problems with the 4.2 update. The major bug is that my nexus 7 keeps rebooting itself.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

My 7 was sluggish and buggy after the update. I broke down and did a reset and things are much better now. Nothing bad enough stands out but I still wonder if it is as fast as it was before the update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Rooted 4.0.4, Stock 4.2

I just picked up my Nexus 7 on Black Friday. (No Discounts lol. I was looking to buy a cheapo tablet from biglots. I'm glad i ended up with the Nexus from Staples).
    I installed 4.2 the same day I got it. I have had no problems. My Samsung Skyrocket is still on 4.0.4.
    I'm glad to be up to date with something.

I like it. Only annoyance is the brief second that you see the other users log in screen (I don't have anyone else set up as a user). Other than that, nothing to really complain about.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12