Am I the only one who loves 4.2?

shona001

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've seen so many threads on here with people moaning about the 4.2 update, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who loves it. The keyboard is great, I do a lot of typing and it is far easier, I like the two pull downs for the updates and the other for quick settings, especially like the fact it's easy to see how much charge left in the battery.

The only problems I have had is that a few apps don't work with 4.2 but I found alternatives quite quickly and I had to delete my google account and reset it to enable downloads from google play (thanks to the person who posted about that, it only took a couple of minutes). Now everything is up and running it's great :D

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I love the latest update! I did have to do a factory reset to get my device running smoothly, but it was well worth it! Android keeps getting better and better with each version released! Now if only my Verizon galaxy nexus would update in a timely manner...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I had noting to whine about. Biggest issues was one bar's Wi-Fi that automatically connected all the time stopped connecting. All I did was go to Wi-Fi and FORGET that name. Then rebooted did a new scan and it automatically connects all the time again. Not even sure if it was 4.2 related but it happen soon after I did the update.

Saw the Auto Brightness flicker but too lazy to change the setting to manual.

I'm happy with the 4.2 update only wish they did more on the new Miracast support so it connects with the PTV3000 that I wasted $60 buying.

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had a couple glitches but it's a Nexus & Google will be on it quick. I like it so far.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk 2

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really found a bad thing to say about 4.2 so far. Everything has been smooth sailing. And the few apps that don't work? That happens every time a new version of Android comes out.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
No, most of us have no issues and love it. But usually more people only post when they have something to complain about, so it appears worse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for 4.2.1. I can't believe nobody else has the screen flicker problem. Everything is much slower now. As far as the new keyboard is concerned, I have't managed to input even "A,B,C" without screwing it up. I must be missing something. Everything was fine until 4.2 came along...

flux capacitor

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Whine, moan, complain etc. Guess those of us who are having problems are just imagining things. ...

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I love the latest update! I did have to do a factory reset to get my device running smoothly, but it was well worth it! Android keeps getting better and better with each version released! Now if only my Verizon galaxy nexus would update in a timely manner...

+1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been fortunate to have pretty much zero problems with 4.2. I'm guessing that many people who have problems would benefit from either a cache partition wipe from the recovery menu, or if all else fails, a factory reset. Sure, the factory reset is a pain, but it's so worth it.

jnb5531

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
No problems here. Just takes some getting used to. I'm sure since this is a popular device and breaking ground in android tablets, a bug fix update will be prioritized

fudlen

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could say the same. I did a factory reset twice and it was still extremely buggy for me. Back on cm10 now though and flashed the kb and have dropdown widgets so I'm fine with what I have. This is the first time an update came out and I actually am rolling back to a previous version.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I like it well enough. I've had a few of the noted issues, but nothing at all major. I think it introduced some useful new things and provides the building blocks for further improvements. The net changes are still relatively minor for me, but I really look forward to seeing how Google builds and improves upon them!

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I really like the content of 4.2 but the battery really stinks imo.

The home screen widgets are a home run in my book.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I love the update and I love Android generally but the are are few bugs-fixes/optimisations that would make it so much better. Things like the window outlines on the lockscreen, customizable quick-settings pull-down and some bug fixes such as the flickering.
The update is not as big for me maybe because I already used Swype and I used widgetsoid for settings toggles.

Sent from my Nexus 7

arathkone

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Been really happy with 4.2 on both the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. No app compatibility issues all smooth and enjoying the new features.

For clarity I OTA'd the 7 and flashed the G Nex fresh so I've had both sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez