Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Am I the only one who loves 4.2?

I've seen so many threads on here with people moaning about the 4.2 update, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who loves it. The keyboard is great, I do a lot of typing and it is far easier, I like the two pull downs for the updates and the other for quick settings, especially like the fact it's easy to see how much charge left in the battery.

The only problems I have had is that a few apps don't work with 4.2 but I found alternatives quite quickly and I had to delete my google account and reset it to enable downloads from google play (thanks to the person who posted about that, it only took a couple of minutes). Now everything is up and running it's great
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Am I the only one who loves 4.2?

No, I don't have any problems with it.

I love the latest update! I did have to do a factory reset to get my device running smoothly, but it was well worth it! Android keeps getting better and better with each version released! Now if only my Verizon galaxy nexus would update in a timely manner...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I had noting to whine about. Biggest issues was one bar's Wi-Fi that automatically connected all the time stopped connecting. All I did was go to Wi-Fi and FORGET that name. Then rebooted did a new scan and it automatically connects all the time again. Not even sure if it was 4.2 related but it happen soon after I did the update.

Saw the Auto Brightness flicker but too lazy to change the setting to manual.

I'm happy with the 4.2 update only wish they did more on the new Miracast support so it connects with the PTV3000 that I wasted $60 buying.

I've had a couple glitches but it's a Nexus & Google will be on it quick. I like it so far.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk 2
    @drew3sbs on Twitter

I haven't really found a bad thing to say about 4.2 so far. Everything has been smooth sailing. And the few apps that don't work? That happens every time a new version of Android comes out.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA
    memlok likes this.

No, most of us have no issues and love it. But usually more people only post when they have something to complain about, so it appears worse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    memlok likes this.

I can't wait for 4.2.1. I can't believe nobody else has the screen flicker problem. Everything is much slower now. As far as the new keyboard is concerned, I have't managed to input even "A,B,C" without screwing it up. I must be missing something. Everything was fine until 4.2 came along...

I really like it. I have had NO problems with it since I upgraded.
    memlok likes this.

ROM
    stock

Whine, moan, complain etc. Guess those of us who are having problems are just imagining things. ...

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dajobo View Post
    I love the latest update! I did have to do a factory reset to get my device running smoothly, but it was well worth it! Android keeps getting better and better with each version released! Now if only my Verizon galaxy nexus would update in a timely manner...

+1

I've been fortunate to have pretty much zero problems with 4.2. I'm guessing that many people who have problems would benefit from either a cache partition wipe from the recovery menu, or if all else fails, a factory reset. Sure, the factory reset is a pain, but it's so worth it.

No problems here. Just takes some getting used to. I'm sure since this is a popular device and breaking ground in android tablets, a bug fix update will be prioritized

Zero problems with 4.2. My Nexus has never been smoother.
    memlok likes this.

Wish I could say the same. I did a factory reset twice and it was still extremely buggy for me. Back on cm10 now though and flashed the kb and have dropdown widgets so I'm fine with what I have. This is the first time an update came out and I actually am rolling back to a previous version.

I like it well enough. I've had a few of the noted issues, but nothing at all major. I think it introduced some useful new things and provides the building blocks for further improvements. The net changes are still relatively minor for me, but I really look forward to seeing how Google builds and improves upon them!

ROM
    JB

I really like the content of 4.2 but the battery really stinks imo.

The home screen widgets are a home run in my book.

I love the update and I love Android generally but the are are few bugs-fixes/optimisations that would make it so much better. Things like the window outlines on the lockscreen, customizable quick-settings pull-down and some bug fixes such as the flickering.
    The update is not as big for me maybe because I already used Swype and I used widgetsoid for settings toggles.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

I really want to have a try with Android 4.2, runs on my HTC One X. But I can't update now.

ROM
    Stock 4.2

Been really happy with 4.2 on both the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. No app compatibility issues all smooth and enjoying the new features.

For clarity I OTA'd the 7 and flashed the G Nex fresh so I've had both sides.

Its awesome beside the lame locksreen

ROM
    Stock

Love it.

The swiping keyboard having the word it will post before you lift your finger up is just pure concentrated awesome, because once it's found the word you want you can stop swiping - a real timesaver. Multi-user accounts is really, really cool. I do wish they hadn't artificially locked out Photosphere, because even though the camera is nearly useless, with a little time and patience I bet even that camera + photosphere would make for some fun experimental photos.

A few apps broke. That's life in the land of Nexus. Everything I care about was fixed within a day or two.

The screen brightness seems to be higher on average, which has affected battery life. "Custom Auto Brightness" to the rescue (I needed it for my Thunderbolt, too, as the automatic brightness was equally messed up, and I prefer to set my own brightness settings anyway).

I cleared the cache for the hell of it, but I never experienced any lag to speak of, so that was more of a good practice thing than an actual need.

Flickering brightness, lags, fugly lock screen - what's not to love?

Especially if you're already using Swype and Beautiful Widgets, etc.
    jairusz likes this.

2 complaints here
    I thought the stock lock screen was fuggly. So I changed it.
    Screen brightness flicker so I took it out of auto.
    Not much else to say. Moving on:-)

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

I'm kinda happy with it too. Just wish my phone could get this update....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast