Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: Loose Micro-USB port!

Quote Originally Posted by chiPersei View Post
    FIXED mine. The first time I knocked it off the night stand (while charging) the port loosened up some but the looseness was from a combination of distortion of both the cable and port. A different cable helped some but it was still looser than it was originally. Second time I knocked it off the stand (again while charging) it really loosened up and none of my various cables would make a difference.

To fix it I removed the back cover (following online instructions from iFixit) and, using my thumbnails, pressed gently on the port to squeeze it's opening a little. Voila! Turns out the ports are made with fairly soft metal and can be distorted (conversely reshaped) easily.

Good luck.

Alan
    Seems to have worked for me as well! Thank you..
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Hey! I had the same problem, but managed to fix it on my own.
    Here's a link to a post I made on how I fixed it.

[LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR]
    Last edited by Paul627g; 01-09-2014 at 07:09 PM.

PLEASE try and contribute SOMETHING of value!
    Thanked by:

These complaints, too many, falls under the lemon laws of ASUS incorporation state, use the lemon law and replace the unit everytime the charging port becomes loose on each unit. That is the only viable option at this point, don't bother with the warranty, you wont need when using the lemon law anyway.

I am seriously considering using Illinois' lemon law for the Droid 4 (same issue, loose, and very clean, micro-usb port - third one, too!)
    TomsAndroid likes this.

That's a 4/5-pin micro-usb jack, common, $5.00 tops anywhere, amazon.

I am having the same issue with my HTC One. I can still get it to make contact but have to place the phone carefully to keep it charging.

I recently started having the same problem of not charging. Tried different cables, but no luck. So I sacrificed a USB cable by cutting the micro end off and just taping the stripped wires to the POGO pins (black to top pin, red to bottom pin). Not the nicest fix, but will suffice until I get my Nexus Dock in.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    John Carr1 likes this.

I have same problem with having to put pressure on the cord to get it to charge ...... and it charges slow as I have read many others have had happen to them, after software update.

FYI: Tape the ends of your cord so it won't break and bend, they will last longer.

Default Re: Nexus 7: Loose Micro-USB port!

i've had this problem for a long time. i just took my cover off and examine it and i think the port is set back too far and it makes the cable wobble. the rubber on the cable connection might be able to be trimmed back just a tad. also, if they made the port flatter, the plug wouldn't be able to wobble. this needs to be redesigned so the plug stays in and stable. i think the constant turning on and off of the charging by this causes the table to turn on by itself and then stay on while charging which keeps it from making a fast and thorough charge. i'm gonna try and tweek it.

Default Re: Nexus 7: Loose Micro-USB port!

I had exactly the same problem with the port and the cord and with the push-down-to-charge thing. What i did was get a new cord and when i looked in the port i saw that the metal outline of the port was slightly bent upward and i bent it down with a paper clip and POOF! It worked. We might not have the same problem so don't do it right away and check if your metal outline part is slightly bent upward. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne4 View Post
    I recently started having the same problem of not charging. Tried different cables, but no luck. So I sacrificed a USB cable by cutting the micro end off and just taping the stripped wires to the POGO pins (black to top pin, red to bottom pin). Not the nicest fix, but will suffice until I get my Nexus Dock in.
    Maybe this homemade idea should be refined a bit, I don't know, like a strap-on, elastic mount, travel-size charging block..?
    Embed pins in an epoxy small block?
    What would be good for contact pins?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123