Home screen question

rwave

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
When I press the home button on my N7 it takes me to the middle screen of the five available screens. Is there any way to make one of the other screens my default home screen?
The reason I ask concerns wallpapers. A slight left or right slide can make a big difference in the "look".

Thanks
Ray

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Not to my knowledge, no. I use only one homescreen and to me the other four are superfluous because I prefer to use folders rather than multiple homescreens. When I choose a wallpaper, I make sure my primary subject is centered so it looks good when I go to the one homescreen I do use.

There are third-party launchers such as Apex, Go!, and others that allow you to configure the number of available homescreens, and which one is the "home" homescreen. Most also allow you to eliminate that "shift" so you are seeing all of your wallpaper all the time, no matter what homescreen you happen to be on. Unfortunately, the native launcher just isn't there yet.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, there isn't a way to choose a default home screen on the stock launcher. What I do know is that I can do that on Nova Launcher.

Sent from a tablet on a crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Use a third party launcher to enable this feature. You'll also be able to backup launcher settings which is a plus.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
ADW also let's u do it and you can choose which of the screens you prefer the home button to bring you to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2