Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mikesnexus
  • 1 Post By Eduardo06sp
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail "All Mail " folder issue

Gmail app shows one unread email in the all mail folder on my N7. But there are no unread emails in any folder. Tried clear cache. Clear data. No avail.
    Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Gmail "All Mail " folder issue

Keep looking, it's in there somewhere. I had the same thing. Finally found the little bugger way down the list. It might be easier doing this from your desktop or laptop browser.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

OK. I feel stupid now. Lesson learned to scroll before posting! Sucker was way down in my inbox.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    MJKearney likes this.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Next time search for "is:unread"

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:

I've had a slightly different "all mail" folder issue--it only shows messages one month old and older, even though there are far newer e-mails in my inbox. Any idea how to fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by mlipkin View Post
    I've had a slightly different "all mail" folder issue--it only shows messages one month old and older, even though there are far newer e-mails in my inbox. Any idea how to fix that?
    Sounds like it's not syncing. Go to Settings > Accounts > Google. Tap on the Google account you're having trouble with, then scroll down to Gmail and make sure the box to the right is checked.

Try only syncing mail from the past few days.
    [Spoiler]1. Open Gmail.
    2. Click the three dots at the top-right corner.
    3. Tap on 'Settings'.
    4. Tap on your email address.
    5. The third option from the bottom should say 'Days of mail to sync'.
    6. Tap on the option.
    7. Tap on the number, and a number-pad will come up.

You solved the problem in seven easy steps! [/spoiler]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

MJKearney: I tried that, but the app has been sync in just fine in all the other mailboxes, and just not All Mail

Eduardo06sp: I tried both increasing and decreasing that number but I still don't have anything newer than October 15

MJKearney: I tried that, but the app has been sync in just fine in all the other mailboxes, and just not All Mail
    Eduardo06sp: I tried both increasing and decreasing that number but I still don't have anything newer than October 15
    In the Gmail three dot menu, go to Settings > (your email address) > Manage Labels. Try playing with the sync settings of the individual labels there. You may or may not find some solution there. The All Mail option is not there because it's really not a label, but maybe you'll see something that helps you figure it out. If not, put in a call or email to Google support.

I suggest you give a call to support. There's pretty much nothing you can do. My final suggestion is that you remove your Google account and re-add it. Settings---> Google---> Tap your email address---> Tap the three dots at the top right---> Remove account.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    MJKearney likes this.

Remove and replace account worked for me for now. Wait and see for how long. Thanks mlipkin

Hi there,
    had the same problem on my Nexus 7 for weeks - finally looked it up because if got tired of it.
    What worked for me: disabled the app. deleted all data. re-enabled the app. Nexus reloaded the gmail app and restarted it. "all mails" now up to date.
    Don't ask me why - but it worked fine.