Nexus 7: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

lauren love

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

i havent charged my tablet for a couple days because i lost it i tried some one else's and it did not work when i got my charger back i tried it and it did not turn on. I tring holding the power putton down but it did not work. Please help me, what do I do.

supernikang

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

Please help me, my tab will actually turn on but it turns to black afterwards. I can hear some notifications and feel some vibrations but yeah its all black. Can't see anything.:'( :'(

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: HELP!!!!

Peculiar. Suddenly, in the last 10 days there's two active threads about tablets refusing to turn on. Dare I say it, it sounds like there's some sort of date-aware hiccup in the OS (or a recent Google update to an embedded app) causing some grief?

For my part, my 2012 N7 (running KitKat) chose not to start up yesterday morning. Charged overnight (like I often do) using the factory plug and cable and I always make a point to ensure there's no...uh, crap in the charging point on the N7 before plugging in, so really, there couldn't be anything wrong in the charging process.
After several tries to get it to start - including plugging it into my computer to see if the Android File Transfer would help (it started but could not access the N7) - I went online and found the 'hold volume down button while also holding power button for 10 seconds' suggestion at Google.

Well, 10 seconds didn't work - but a full half minute did and I was able to get it to Start. There's been a couple of restarts and an overnight charge since with no issue. Like I said, peculiar.
Now, if anything, I did note the N7 felt awfully warm yesterday (not so today), but I don't know if that's a cause or a result of this issue.

Thoughts?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Lag and slowness is back on my N7 '12, sometimes undocking or tapping the power button, the screen doesn't come alive for several seconds. Like 10-15 seconds. I find that holding the power button for more than 10 seconds (but less than 30 seconds), the screen finally comes alive.

I'm disappointed that these just don't keep working as lively as they did under JB on release ... I'm watching the prices on 2013 N7s. Pffft.

propeller10

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

Lag and slowness is back on my N7 '12, sometimes undocking or tapping the power button, the screen doesn't come alive for several seconds. Like 10-15 seconds. I find that holding the power button for more than 10 seconds (but less than 30 seconds), the screen finally comes alive.

I'm disappointed that these just don't keep working as lively as they did under JB on release ... I'm watching the prices on 2013 N7s. Pffft.

There is a solution to this. You can wipe the flash memory completely and re install stock android. (this requires a bit of knowledge) Note that resetting the device to factory settings will not help.

The other easier method can be found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...do-you-have-laggy-nexus-7-heres-solution.html Cyanogenmod is stock android with some of the 'bloat' removed and advanced options enabled. And the installer does EVERYTHING for you. So anyone can install it without having to worry about rooting the device.
You can do this and keep using your 2012 N7 without dropping money on the 2013 version.

jessieluvjj123

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

My Tablet will not turn on it, on Monday it got really hot and white lines came across the screen can someone Help me get it working again please Thank you i really need it i only had it for christmas thank you so much

jessieluvjj123

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

I have the slimiar Tablet and mine got hot on Monday and lines came across the screen now it will not turn on i put it on charge the light red comes on but it does not turn on :( i am soooo worried

hannibalmoot

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I just had my Nexus 7 2012 AND my Acer Iconia A500 go off with not being able to turn back on at the same time. Pretty coincidental. I'm beginning to wonder if it's app related. Anyone else suspect a particular app or anything?

Robert Pruett

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

mine is a Digital2 S/N is G751GMZ1306 it was working fine up till like last week it goes to the screen where it says Digital 2 when its getting rdy to turn on and then jus stays on that iv trouble shot it iv hit the reset button iv held the power button in iv tryed letting it die completely before charging it nothing seems to work

angelmels

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

My tablet won't power on so I searched on the net on what to do and I found this thread. I pressed the power on button for 10 seconds and nothing, so I pressed the power on together with the volume button and was so surprised and happy that it went on!!! Thanks to this thread.

hannibalmoot

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I was finally able to get my Nexus 7 2012 going by holding the power and one of the volume keys but it was a lot longer than 10 seconds. More like a couple of minutes,

No luck with the Acer Iconia A500 yet though. After doing so more reading, I decided to try ordering another charger to see if that will work. I haven't received it yet but the charger seemed to be the fix for some people on this tab. We'll see I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

David Harpster

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

mine is an android tablet i keep trying and it just keeps saying android and not loading i tried turning it off but it just keeps loading i plugged the charger in to.:)

genesis thalia

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

Tablet.turns on to a blue screen thats it was on oovoo turn it off try to turn back,on and it was a blue screen wont go futher

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante