Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

Just got the shock of my life! Went to turn the tablet on and guess what? I wont come on! PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-03-2014 at 02:41 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: HELP!!!!

Just got it back but it took about half an hour. What could cause something like that?

Hold the power button for 10 seconds next time to reboot it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    Just got it back but it took about half an hour. What could cause something like that?
    Did you do something or just find it on?

Sent from my Nexus 7
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Just waited awhile and pushed the on button again.

I Hate To Tell You... That More Than Likely Is Overheating.. That's Why It Worked After Allowing It To Cool Down..

Did you charge it when it wouldn't work?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It already had a full charge.

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    This has been happening a lot to me since 4.2. Just count to 10 and touch the power button again.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    ruger141 likes this.

If it isn't overheating, then it might be some rogue app that is freezing things up while the tablet is asleep.
    Thanked by 2:
    laura5595 likes this.

I have the same issue sort of. (I'd mentioned this within another thread earlier). But mine takes the 10+ second hold only during or after a charge. Turns on normally otherwise.

pls help i tried holdin the button but it still wont work never mind i just need to press the button for 10 seconds and charge it

my tablet randomly turned off. and wont turn back on........ i charged it, and pressed the power button for 10 seconds, and it still wont turn on, its been about 2 days i really need my tablet, please help me!

The tablet is turning on after a lot of effort. I have held in the power on button. The tablet will not come on. I then hold the power button in and also the volume button. Some time this seems to work. The tablet come on.

Since this tablet was a Christmas gift, I want to make sure that it is fitted while it is under warranty.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-01-2013 at 08:49 PM.

I tried holding power for 10 sec, then 30 sec, then pressed down and power for 30 sec and nothing. It's not dead completely though. The screen powers on (lights up slightly) but doesn't boot. I haven't rooted it nor hardly used it. It's 1 month old and already issues doesn't leave me impressed.

hi , my boyfriend tabelt was working to day but i was going shop before i left to go shops cause i was downloading a film to watch i tryed seeing it is was downloading but it won,t come on so i am really worried and because it anit my so PLEASE HELP ME

- - - Updated - - -

i did try that but it didn,t work

Quote Originally Posted by masseurca View Post
    Hold the power button for 10 seconds next time to reboot it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    i really want help now so please ?? cos i am really scared and it is a table something like cube tabelt

Can someone help me please? my Natpc tablet isnt turning on... i was charging it it wasnt fully charged though.. it went off.. i went to grab a drink then my mum tried a new charger for it... I dont remember which one.. suddenly she got an electric shock once she removed it.. then she felt the back of the tablet it was very hot.. it took 1 hour to cool down... its been 3 days since its stopped working could you please HELP ME? i need some help please....

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by MyTabletwontwork View Post
    Can someone help me please? my Natpc tablet isnt turning on... i was charging it it wasnt fully charged though.. it went off.. i went to grab a drink then my mum tried a new charger for it... I dont remember which one.. suddenly she got an electric shock once she removed it.. then she felt the back of the tablet it was very hot.. it took 1 hour to cool down... its been 3 days since its stopped working could you please HELP ME? i need some help please....
    Sounds like your mom killed it by using a different charger. You should either get it checked by a technician or buy a new one.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

I find the tablet quite shocking at times how it never wants to come on mine always does it sometimes needs two or three power ons of 30 seconds or more

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

my tablet when i plug it in it keeps flashing the green dude and sometimes it will show him then the android sign then it turns off. but it also makes this weird krackling noise while its pluged in.. does anyone else have this problem.

it is brand new and ive never droped it or got it wet
    Thanked by:
    lmvine 

I am in the same situation as most on here. Mine won't turn on at all. Charging and holding the on button does not work. So I called the 1-888 number that came in the box and the woman asked me if I tried to charge it through USB port?. Of course she had to point out that the computer needs to be on. Anyway, even though I do not have much confidence in this I have the tablet plugged in my comp. Even though my comp is asking for a cd to "install new hardware" It did not come with a cd and the site does not have a download. What is a girl to do?

Ahhhh Haaaa just as I suspected. It is still not working. It should have done something by now. I got mine at Big Lots but ours was on special for $99.99.

Hi I just received my tablet yesterday -- MID9000 it says. I completely charged it before using it last night for a short while. Then charged it fully again overnight. I unplugged it when I woke up and 12 hours later I am attempting to turn it on. I can only get the green dude to show up. I've tried multiple times. Please Help!!

[BOX][/BOX]i have the same problem as everyone else,i have tried everything but nothings happening! i need help a.s.a.p as it not my tablet!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast