Hide taskbar when playing games

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got Nexus 7 for test drive. This is my second time when I try android tablet. First time I tried Samsung Galaxy tab 2. I like nexus 7 much better. Anyways is it possible for taskbar to hide same way as when watching movies when playing games ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The app must run a specific command that does that. Netflix and ShadowGun: Dead Zone automatically hide the taskbar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
If by task bar you mean the back, home, and recent apps buttons at the bottom of the screen (also called system bar or navigation bar), then their visibility is dependent on the app.

I think you are asking if you can make the buttons disappear when playing games in the same way they do when watching movies. Their disappearance when watching movies is also dependent on which media player app you are using, though I think most now automatically make the buttons disappear, or at least have them fade to small dots.

So the same is true for games. I just tried Zen Bound, but the buttons remained fully visible. Then I tried Osmos and Spirits, and they faded to small dots in each. There are likely games where they disappear altogether. Again, it's dependent on the app.

To force the system bar to disappear, and also to regain the screen space it used, you can install an app called Hide Bottom Bar. However, your device must be rooted. I don't use this, as I'm not rooted, but it generally gets pretty good reviews.

Of course, if you're rooted, I suppose you could install an alternate ROM that would have all sorts of customization options not available in Jelly Bean, including the ability to get rid of the system bar.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for suggestions. I thought that there is option to auto hide or something like that. Tablet is pretty cool but I am used to blackberry playbook' full screen all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63