iPad Mini vs Nexus 7 smackdown comparison

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
There's a few minor mistakes in there. She says the Nexus 7 has a mono speaker when it is stereo, not that you can really tell with the separation between them, but there isn't any more separation on the iPad mini. She says the Nexus 7 has a metal bezel when it is plastic and she says the USB socket is a mini rather than a micro. They may only be small mistakes but I do expect professional reviewers to get these thing right.

SenorPepe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7: two thirds of the price, much higher PPI, quad core

IPad mini: does not randomly reboot, screen does not lift off the device, no dead pixels, no bleeding, apple care.

Take your pick ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

IPad mini: does not randomly reboot, screen does not lift off the device, no dead pixels, no bleeding, apple care.

Take your pick ...

Do I get to pick and choose? I'll take my personal Nexus 7: two thirds of the price, much higher PPI, quad core, never randomly rebooted, no deal pixels, no bleeding, and accept the small amount of screen lift (which I could have avoided by swapping it out, but it's very minor) and the lack of AppleCare. :)

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Take your pick ...

I took the Nexus 7, Cheaper, better screen and processor, have not had any reboots, I have no screen lift, or dead pixels or bleeding. + it's not an Apple...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apple would somehow find a way to blame the user for screenlift. And don't tell me that screenlift wouldn't occur if it were made by Apple--they're not immune to design flaws either. Remember Antennagate?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Didn't like how she showed Web content in landscape mode so she could claim it shows more web content with the Mini's 4:3. Turn it to portrait mode and then the N7 shows more content with it's 16:9 screen.

She was also wrong about N7 only works on AT&T since T-Mobile is selling N7 with HPSA+.

Love how they always talk about the metal back on the Mini verses the N7. Just wait till they get all those scratches on the Mini's finish and tell me how cute it looks then.

Again she was comparing a $329 device with 16GB, No LTE, No GPS verses a $199 N7 with only 16GB. Why now even it up and buy the $299 N7 with 32GB and HSPA+ cell modem and then trash the Mini for being overpriced?

It was just another iSheep Review...

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Didn't like how she showed Web content in landscape mode so she could claim it shows more web content with the Mini's 4:3. Turn it to portrait mode and then the N7 shows more content with it's 16:9 screen.

She was also wrong about N7 only works on AT&T since T-Mobile is selling N7 with HPSA+.

Love how they always talk about the metal back on the Mini verses the N7. Just wait till they get all those scratches on the Mini's finish and tell me how cute it looks then.

Again she was comparing a $329 device with 16GB, No LTE, No GPS verses a $199 N7 with only 16GB. Why now even it up and buy the $299 N7 with 32GB and HSPA+ cell modem and then trash the Mini for being overpriced?

It was just another iSheep Review...

Pehaps...

Motorola Photon 4G

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to hold an imini, but I cannot imagine the width of that thing being comfortable to hold. The Nexus 7 fits perfectly in my hand and the imini is much wider. I think I'll stick with my Nexus 7. Heck, I'm getting my daughters one each for Christmas. They know better than to ask Daddy for an iproduct.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I like this one. He even shows that the Mini touch rejection only works on the home screen, So if you are on the Internet and your fingertips that are holding the Mimi touching a hotlink you are going to the hot link. The Mini's Touch rejection doesn't work in all Apps or on the Internet.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I like this one. He even shows that the Mini touch rejection only works on the home screen, So if you are on the Internet and your fingertips that are holding the Mimi touching a hotlink you are going to the hot link. The Mini's Touch rejection doesn't work in all Apps or on the Internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6m-nqY-VI&feature=g-all

Talk about iSheep. Look what I said in reply to tamarindoreo in the comments. And correct me if I am wrong.

Motorola Photon 4G

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I liked that SurvivingWhiteWolf aka Slender Troll . I have only started watching Armando and anyone thinks he is just a Android guy is wrong. I just watch part 1 of 5 part series on Nexus 10 vs Surface for Web browsers and it was a TKO by The Surface. BTW, when Armando did his first review on the Surface it didn't get a lot of high marks. I have told everyone the Surface was the last thing you should buy but now for at least Web Browsers I was wrong.