1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Copying mp4 movies onto Nexus 7

I have been busy converting and copying DVDs onto my Nexus 7 under a new folder I named 'movies'.

All went well except that the nexus shows one copyof every movie under two different file paths....

When I open up MX Player it shows two copies of everything...... If I delete one copy of the two, both will disappear.?.. I then wiped out all the movies and copy again from PC to N7, same thing, two copies of every movie...

Anyone had the same issue? Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Copying mp4 movies onto Nexus 7

If you copy over a 100mb file does it take up 200mb on your device or just 100?

Quote Originally Posted by stoneysilence View Post
    If you copy over a 100mb file does it take up 200mb on your device or just 100?
    I think this is a multi-user conflict. In Astro File Manager, you will see a directory labeled 'sdcard0' and 'emulated'. My theory is this happens so that if two users install the same application, only the app will be copied, not the user data.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

The movies are under two folders... But I think they are the same copy.... One folder is under /legacy/movies while the other emulated/0/movies

MX player sees them as two separate sets of folders and displays the two both.....

Any idea what I can do to avoid this? I created the 'movies' folder...... What is the default folder to place videos?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The MX Player update apparently fixed the issue... Nexus 7 no longer displays "twin" copies of the movies...

Fixed for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by James Changstein View Post
    I have been busy converting and copying DVDs onto my Nexus 7 under a new folder I named 'movies'.

All went well except that the nexus shows one copyof every movie under two different file paths....

When I open up MX Player it shows two copies of everything...... If I delete one copy of the two, both will disappear.?.. I then wiped out all the movies and copy again from PC to N7, same thing, two copies of every movie...

Anyone had the same issue? Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks..

On another note, what application do you use to copy DVDs?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums