Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Nexus 7 problem; Won't charge, and when it does, screen goes dead and pixels fly across the scre

Quote Originally Posted by corey49651 View Post
    I have discovered the infamous black static screen issue. You must open up the back cover of the nexus and make sure the battery connection is not loose. My nexus was 3 days old when it acted up so I opened it up and found the battery connection was never snapped in place. I hope this helps out.
    does this void the warranty? Because you see I'm trying to fix my brothers for him. but I don't want to risk him not being able to use the warranty.

Default Re: Nexus 7 problem; Won't charge, and when it does, screen goes dead and pixels fly across the scre

Only if they can tell you opened it. Be careful...

Muchiiiiiisssimas GRACIAS. Thank you so very much Edson, you just saved my life. I was about to throw up just to think that I was going to have to buy another tablet. The tablet is only 1 month old! It's working ok now. I'm so glad I ran into your advice. I did exactly as you indicate. I couldn't find one satisfactory answer in spanish. Thank God I know some Engish, I feel like going and kiss my English teacher... I know... maybe I'm overreacting, I suscribed and logged in just to thank you. Maybe I should translate your instructions and post them in a spanish lenguage forum. If it is ok with you.

Thanks so much! I was (hopefully) able to get into my son's Nexus 7 using these instructions, having never laid a finger on it ever before.

Why write an OS that runs the battery-charging system? Why IS there a battery-charging system? My Nexus 7, which I bought less than three weeks ago, won't take a charge - won't even show an icon that it's charging. It will not respond in any way to an input of electricity to the battery. After charging all night, I turned it on to find it had 13 percent power, and wouldn't accept a charge. I got online to see what I could do. There are 20-30 different theories about fixing it, some from Google support. I've hit down-volume/power, then chose power off. I've reset it - emptied it of all my apps and data. I've hit volume up/volume down/power. I can't remember all the stupid combinations I've tried, and this thing won't take a charge. I've lost the receipt, so I'm out some $244, plus tax. I'm retired, on a fixed income. That money comes hard for me. Why couldn't this become apparent before the 15-day return limit at the retailer? When first I encountered Android, I thought, 'Wow! This is some tight, can't-bust-em code. This thing doesn't seem to crash, no matter what.' Now this. Now, I have a useless item that cost me a lot of money. I'm pretty pissed right now. Why doesn't some central information outlet acknowledge this widespread problem, explain how to fix it, or fix the software so this stops happening?

I gotta add - I've had the same Nokia flip-phone for 4-5 years, without a hitch. When you plug it into a charger, the battery charges. When if's full, you unplug it. This has been working for years. Why did Android designers set up the OS to run the battery-charging system? What's the purpose? The OS is buggy, and allows the devices to die, often never to return to life. There's no central place where Android developers explain the system's foibles and a single workable fix. More Importantly, why don't they fix this bug, which renders their devices useless, makes for bad word-of-mouth, and set customers off, looking for working alternatives? You got my $229 - once. Do you think I'll return for another experience like this? See ya in the has-been history books.

My tablet wont charge,i left it on charge for about 5 hours so I think it might have over heated and turned off cos when I came back it was off. but now when I connect it to power only the blue button lights blue. what does this mean?

i got a nexus tab 7 through kitkat promotion in kuwait and it not turn on . so please somebody give the solutions.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Charge for an hour then pull the cable then plug back the cable and press the power cable for half a sec. Maybe your battery is drained to the end.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Old post... Still effective!! YAY!!!

Getting to the bootloader was a bit of a challenge since it would be random as to when the screen would actually flash on.

What I found helpful was to hold the power button down for 30 seconds and then plug it in. As soon as you see "screen" you have to hit the power and vol-down buttons. Eventually I was able to get to boot-loader then "power-off".

thanks for info my nexus 7 was doing samething now it is charging thanks so much your life saver
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234