Nexus 7 problem; Won't charge, and when it does, screen goes dead and pixels fly across the screen.

corey49651

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have discovered the infamous black static screen issue. You must open up the back cover of the nexus and make sure the battery connection is not loose. My nexus was 3 days old when it acted up so I opened it up and found the battery connection was never snapped in place. I hope this helps out.

ButterFly Girl1

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have tried all the suggestions posted here and my N7 still will not respond, other then throwing it out after calling ASUS any other suggestions...Went it cycled off it was at 70% charge, could the battery be drained still.

asmith51701

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The reason why it won't charge is because......well there is many reasons...a different charger,to much usage, taking on and off and on the charger. Hope that helped

Tip* if you need to restart it you hold the power button for 20 seconds and it will turn on!!

Steve Tobani

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me.
Peel off back cover. Push battery as explained previously to the opposite side of buttons.
Remove power and then replug. Replace cover.
Finally got the battery charging icon to show. I assume this is a good thing as I was not getting any indication before.

I may need to take cover off again and put a piece of paper in to make sure battery stays in contact with sensors if this happens again.

hemerandroid

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem 2 days ago. It would not charge at all, and every now and then it would chime when it would boot to the lock screen and then just shut down again. I got the "Dead Android" logo by holding down the buttons and forcing it to restart.
I did this a few times. Then one time I was holding it as it booted to the lock screen and I was able to pull down the wifi/battery menu and go to the battery properties. From there I was able to see the battery menu and then it shut down again, but this time it had the white battery icon on the screen indicating it was charging.
I just left it like that and in the morning it was charged and working.
I guess we aren't supposed to let it go completely dead or something. Not a good feature.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me when I originally got the nexus 7, I was playing dead trigger,and the nexus died completely,and the pixels flew across the screen(as described) however I simply let it charge overnight and turned it back on in the morning and all was fine....don't force it just let it charge..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jasanders144

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Obviously, this is a common problem. I suspect there are countless others who have the same issue but, haven't made it here just yet to express. My Nexus 7 did the exact same thing. I had about 20% battery and I was still using it. It died on me even tho' it was plugged into the charger at the time. This was Sunday night 1/6/13 about 9 pmish. It's now 4:30 pm Monday afternoon and still no power. It did the turn on with 0% power & immediately turn off, the pixel thing too but now zilch. Maximum frustration is slowy setting in. Wish I had a rememdy for everyone but if anyone has any success with their nexus please share

hemerandroid

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
jasanders, when it chimes and gets to the lock screen grab that battery drop down and get into the battery properties fast. I swear that is what saved me. It shutdown but while in the battery menu and then the big white battery appeared on the screen and it just charged like normal. Thing is it may need to be plugged in for a bit to give you enough time to get to that chime, lock screen, etc.

kaiyamorton94

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
AHHHHHHHHHHHH. Thank you all so much i've only had my nexus since my birthday last October, and this past week it's been taking 48 freaking hours to charge 50%. AND it would drain that in an hour of use! Absolute crud. AND it kept doing that annoying 'turn on then off twenty times thingy ma bobby'. But needless to say i am clueless about technology. So hopefully your advice all works or else i may very well end up thrashing my device against the wall. Cheers!
Kaiya x

Debjan

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had my 32gb for a week. It was charged up overnight, and wasn't keen on turning on this morning, took longer than usual. Showed some photos I transferred on it yesterday using bluetooth. Turned off. Turned on at lunchtime, read a few chapters of my book, turned off after 1hr. Plenty of battery left. Tried to turn on 6pm, nothing. Black screen, tried charging, got grey screen then whitish lines crossing the screen. PC World, say bring it in for exchange. I will mention this page to pc world. I tried the suggestions above, but nothing I'm afraid.

Debjan

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Update, PC World Know How say they have had 3 back from their store. Mine was examined, and he states its ESD. As I have not had any static shocks lately, honestly, don't know where it came from then. He reckons it could have been the charger pins. When I get my replacement, might leave the charger on a rubber mat. LOL. ;)

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
had the static problem today & after finally getting it to boot it never got passed the nexus logo. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am stock never rooted and this is the first time it has happened

I bought my nexus 7 when it first came out from play store. Who would I contact for repair/replacement?

ricKKy_blacKK

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7problem;Won't charge,and when it does, screen goes dead and pixels fly across the screen.

Question.....Im still learning this droid OS so please excuse me___ but to my understanding with some of these miracle suggestions posted here this hard reset will erase all apps and put the tablet back to factory settings. Is this correct? ?

Sent from my Fresh White Ssaammssuunngg Galaxxy Note II

mattsterful

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 problem;

The method that is working for everyone just turns the tablet off, so it will finally charge instead of cycle boot. It doesn't reset it to factory settings.

sent from my crappy thunderbolt...

Jake Honour

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I found a fix, my brand new nexus 7 came yesterday but would not charge and would not turn on (when I did I got a pixelated screen).

It turned out the cabl connecting to the motherboard from the battery was a bit loose so all I did was push it into the socket a bit towards the power on button (requires to take back off but nothing else) hope this helps!!!

nousername333333

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Wanted to second this. Brand new Nexus had issues, wouldn't charge, issues with the screen turning on and weird pixel patterns flickering. Turned out they didn't fully plug in the battery to the connector on the circuit board. Just pop off the back, and reconnect the battery and you're good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37